EIGHT.

EIGHT;

T

he Mass,

Triana gulped as she looked at the huge stone and tree wall of Guzmàn and Marina's grandparents' house before feeling her heart tighten again in her chest.

"You'll be fine, querida?" Ivan asked immediately as he turned to her, leaving Triana to swallow as she turned her head to her father.

She absently played with the edge of her black dress before nodding her head emotionally."I think I need a little time. Do you mind going there without me?"

Ivan gave her a concerned look before leaning in with his hand on her neck as he brought her closer to him and kissed her on the cheek."Take all the time you need, kay? I would wait for you inside."

"Thank you."Whispered Triana sincerely grateful for her father's understanding before standing up as she watched him get out of the car.

He nodded encouragingly as he rounded the hood of the Mercedes before adjusting the collar of his black odd as he entered the Nunier estate. Triana released a deep sigh as she rested her head on the headrest in disarray. She looked down at her hands at the sensation of trembling before clasping her hands by her side to try to control them.

She closed her eyes as she murmured under her breath a little speech of encouragement. She could do it. She could go there, greet Laura and Ventura and pretend she had absolutely nothing to do with Marina's death. She could pretend she didn't know the truth. She managed to do it two months ago.

Just the thought was enough to make her sick. She shook her head in disgust before taking a deep breath to try to ease her anxieties. She straightened her tight dress in a burst of determination before finally recovering the ignition keys to make her exit.

She locked the car in her path before crossing the huge stone door, letting a trembling breath pass her lips. She walked along the dirt road, trying to ignore the feeling of her heels sinking into the earth.

However she was quick to suddenly jump as her arms were suddenly detained soon followed by a familiar voice."Keep moving."

Triana took a deep breath as she looked right at Angel and then left at Luz before trying to fight their grip."Let me go. Now !"

"Sorry, but we can't do that."Warns Juan somberly, leaving Triana to give a glowering look on the brown over her shoulder."You can hate us as much as you want right now, but we're protecting you."

"The hell you're trying to protect me!" Triana quipped as she wrinkled her lips as she tried to free herself before releasing a frustrated groan."You're trying to muzzle me."

She tried to ignore the feeling of exasperation invading her as she let the duo guide her in spite of herself. She was their damn puppet.

"You really don't understand anything, uh?"Murmured Luz in frustration."What happened to Christian wasn't enough for you?"