Chapter 35

Listen to Audio While Reading.

Previously . . . 
The Egyptians Attacking the Italians.
.
.
.
.
I boarded a regular plane since they said a private jet would stand out more.

But It was first class tickets though.

"Who will escort me?" I asked I was scared.

"Your Highness, the Denalis will be awaiting for you at the end of this flight" Afton says.

"I can't do this" I cried.

Being sent to live with the Denalis? I resented them for not upholding their promise...

I grabbed onto my father's leg.
"Baba." I said. But he didn't bother talking to me. "Why is she roaming freely" He seethed. And my caretaker quickly apologized. "She made you a painting, your Majesty" she says.
"Throw it away" he demanded.
Then he shoved me aside.
I began to cry. then a man knelt down and grabbed a handkerchief wiping my tears away. He was the first vampire who showed me genuine kindness. He then picked me up and placed me on his hip while discussing something with my father. Well congratulating my father on his vampire birthday. I buried my face in the crook of the man's neck. He made me felt secure.
Then they had to leave.
"Nuuu!" I cried clinging onto the man's leg. "Princess. I promise to visit you soon." He said picking me up.

"Pwomise?" I asked holding my pinky finger. "I promise" he said giving me a kiss on the forehead.

And after that. I waited and waited.

He never did return.

How am I suppose to live with him? Or face him.

"Your father sends his best regards, he's doing this because he loves you" Afton said.

He stood back and watched as I boarded the flight.

I wiped away the tears.

"Place sit back and turn your devices on airplane mode" the monitor says.

I leaned my head against the window.

It's not fair.

Everything was happening at a bullet speed.

This is the first time I'm alone without any escorts or even familiar people...

"Miss would you like something to drink?" the flight attendant says.

I looked at the cart.

"Water please" I said.

I felt scared, Daddy wasn't here to comfort me... is this what he meant I would be on my own... I didn't want to leave Volterra.

I silently cried with the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Miss are you alright?" another flight attendant asks.

I nodded.

Wiping away the vicious tears.

A lot of bad things happened but this is the worst of all of them..

Just when I was beginning adjust.

Then a woman who was sitting across from my seat handed me a tissue.

I gazed down at the tissue the woman was holding.

"Grazie" I took it from her.

"Child where is your parents?" she gently spoke.