Chapter 9

"Amy, no more please. You made me put on like 20 different dresses already!" I whined from inside the fitting room. "It's so clear that dresses and me just don't go together."

We've been going around shopping for the past 2 hours finding for a dress for the party, Amy got her dress already and I'm still searching. "I don't get why I need a dress, why can't I just wear a hoodie and jeans?" I asked Amy but she didn't reply. "Amy? You there?"

"You are so not going to a party wearing a hoodie and we're not stopping until we find you the perfect dress, Avey." I slip my top on and another dress was thrown at me. I groaned.

"Do I really have to?"

"Yes Avey, this one is a good one." She squealed.

I sighed, "That's what you said for the past 10 dresses, Amy."

"Tsk Avey, just put it on. You'll love it." I huffed and put on the dress nevertheless.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I breathed. It was a black long sleeved lacey dress that stopped right a little above my knee. It revealed half my back and it showed all my curves perfectly. The amount of cleavage on show was just perfect and it didn't make me look like a slut.

"Didn't I tell you? Now come out and show me." I opened the door to the fitting room eagerly and banged into a wall. Since when was there a wall right infront of the door? I looked up and saw Adrian smirking down at me. My cheeks reddened at the nonexistent distance between us. I felt his hot breath on my face. He leaned into my ears, "You look beautiful, Kitten." My cheeks got red and I'm pretty sure I looked like a tomato.

"Uh, thanks."

"Omg, Avey you look tots gorgs!" Amy squealed and I rolled my eyes at her choice of words. "I guess having sex with so many sluts has it's advantages, Adrian could pick out nice dresses huh?" She said, looking up down at Adrian.

"Huh?" I said confused, "Y-you picked this dress?" I asked Adrian and he nodded. I looked to Amy and saw her smirking at me. Everybody's smirking today. I turned to look at Matt and Jake's bored faces and chuckled lightly at the sight. "Hey boys?" Both of them looked up at me, "How do I look?" I asked, winking.

Jake licked his lips and stared at me like I was a piece of meat and Matt acted like a gentleman and complimented me with a simple "You look breathtaking, Avery." I blushed at their reaction and walked into fitting room, swaying my hips.

I removed the dress and studied the reflection that was staring back at me. Her body decorated with bruises and cuts. The bags under eyes were just as horrid to look at. She looked so defeated, so lost. I hated her, I hate her appearance, I hate how desperate her cries are, I hate how she needs someone to pick her up now, I just hate her. I fell to my knees feeling weak and I called out for Amy because I knew that I was going to lose it any moment. I heard knocking on the door and I unlocked it letting Amy in.

"Kitten? Are you okay?"

I kept quiet not knowing what to say. Adrian knelt down with me and wrap me into his warm embrace. Tears were running down my cheeks, wetting his t-shirt.

After a few more minutes of pathetic sobbing, I pulled away. "I'm sorry uh, for this," I said gesturing to his t-shirt. I looked down at my hands again, his gaze burning me. "He is right, I am useless." I mumbled and sighed. Tears trickled down my cheeks again and I rushed up to wipe them but Adrian's hand reached them faster. I looked up at him and he was staring straight into my eyes.

"You are not useless. Don't you ever think like that. Fuck whoever who called you useless. You're so strong. All your scars and bruises are your battle scars, Kitten. I don't know who gave you those bruises or why they did it but you don't have to worry about them because I'm here now. I'll protect you. I'm here for you if you let me in. " He said, his eyes never leaving mine. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and stuffed my face into his chest. The smell of mint and cigarettes invaded my nostrils. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I felt so safe in his arms.

-------------------------------------------------------