Chapter 12

I grabbed on to Adrian's waist when he started to pull out of the driveway. Houses turn to buildings and buildings turn to trees, "Adrian where are you taking me?" I shouted over the loud roars made by the motorcycle. I started to poke him when he didn't reply. "Where are we going? I want to get food not an adventure!"

"Just shut up, I know where I'm going."

I huffed and retracted my hands away from his waist, crossing my arms across my chest and I kept quiet.

"You might want to hold on to me because the road is gonna get bumpy. " Adrian said cooly.

"Nev-" I screamed when we hit a bump and almost got threw off the motorcycle. I wrapped my arms around Adrian's waist with a vice-like grip.

A few minutes later, we reached a diner in the middle of pretty much nowhere. I stared at the small diner for at least a minute before Adrian snapped me out of my daze. "Are you coming or you're just gonna stand there while I eat?"

I rolled my eyes and marched past him, not missing his deep chuckle. There was a tinkle from the wind chime when I entered and there was a sweet old lady exiting the kitchen, sending a sweet smile to me.

We sat at a booth and Adrian stared at me with pure mischief shining in his eyes.

"What?" I asked feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Let's make a bet." After 5 seconds of me staring at him blankly, he continued, "If I finish my food first, I get one of your nights to do anything I want, whenever I want. If you finish yours first, you get to see me shirtless."

"That's a stupid deal. If I win, I get to ask to you do one embarrassing thing and you'll have to do it no matter how embarrassing it is. Deal?" I said, sticking my hand out.

He seemed to ponder over it for awhile and finally shook my hand.

The sweet old lady from just now came to our booth with the menus. "Hi, I'm Griselda, what will you have?"

"Uhh, I'll have the coffee and an egg burger."

"Tsktsktsk kitten, that's not fair. Close your eyes and randomly choose. At least that's fair."

I groaned but I agreed anyways. When I opened my eyes, I looked at what my finger landed on, "Uhh, the bacon and egg deluxe?"

"And I'll have the supreme beans special with a side of fries."

"Alright honey. What will your drinks be?"

"Coke float." Adrian and I said simultaneously. I looked up at Adrian and saw him smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at the Griselda just to find her looking at us with pure admiration. I raised my eyebrow at how weird she was.

"I'll be right out with your order."

I nodded my head and looked out the window. The surrounding was so serene. I daze at the greenery when a question popped in my mind. "Hey, how did you find this place?"

"I used to come here almost everyday when I lived in the next town. It was about 10 years ago, explains why Griselda doesn't remember me." He said with a chuckle.

I nodded and we fell into the comfortable silence again.

After awhile, Griselda came, "Here you go darlings."

"Thank you." I said with a small smile.

"Hey, Griselda? Do you remember me?" Adrian asked when Griselda turned to leave.

"Yeah, of course. I took your order about 15 minutes ago?" Griselda said matter-of-factly.

"Grisy, it's me, Adrian. " Adrian said with a little toothy grin.

"Adrian?" She repeated with an obvious question mark on her forehead.

"Collins. Adrian Collins. " Adrain said, with a little hope evident in his voice.

Griselda seemed to think for awhile and as if a something hit her, she gasped and covered her mouth with her tiny, wrinkly hands. "Addy! You've grown so big, I couldn't even recognize you! Oh look at you, you're so handsome." She turned to me and if it's even possible, her smile got wider. "Your girlfriend is so pretty!"

I choked on my food and a piece of my egg flew onto Adrian's face, his face showed pure disgust but Griselda and I laughed our butts off. We didn't stop laughing for a solid three minutes and my eyes were tearing up.

When I was a little sobered up, I looked up and saw Adrain staring at me, his eyes showing an emotion I don't understand. He was staring at me like he was studying me or something. I stared back at him with my obvious red cheeks.

"Ok I have some work to do, I talk to you in awhile." Griselda said and walked away without waiting for a reply.

"Why are you staring at me? I'm pretty sure there's food on your face, not mine." I said, trying not to show that I was affected by his gaze.

He stared for a little while before a look of realization hits his face, "You cheater! We were supposed to eat at the same time! My my kitten, guess I win by default."

I try to fight back but he stuffs a bacon in my mouth. My eyes grew bigger, "Mmhm. This is the best bacon I've ever tasted!" I squealed as I stuffed another bacon into my already full mouth.

When I looked at Adrian, he wasn't eating, instead he was staring right in my eyes again. "Adrian, you should stop doing that. People might think that we're actually dating and I might get the impression that you like me."

"Sorry kitten, but I've never had a girl eat so openly in front of me. They'd usually order a salad and eat it with such grace. You're the first who doesn't care so," he ended the sentence with a shrug and started eating.

I didn't know what to reply so I just stayed quiet and continued eating my delicious bacons.

"Let's see who gets to drink the coke float faster! Then we'll see who wins the deal. I don't think it's fair that you get one of my precious nights because of default."

"You'd still lose but if it makes you happy then sure."

"3..2..1.. Go!"

Adrian and I start chugging down our coke float and by the looks of it, Adrian seems to be losing but when I feel something sliding up my feet to my just above my knee , the hope of me winning the deal was thrown out the window. I was coughing and spluttering my coke everywhere on the table while Adrian wore a smug smile on his beautiful face and finishing his coke declaring the winner of the deal.

"Cheater!" I exclaimed at the top of my lungs.

Adrian placed a hand over his heart feigning hurt, "What ever do you mean, kitten?"

I rolled my eyes at his poor acting skills and stood up to leave when a hand wraps around my scarred wrist making me hiss in pain.

"Sorry, are you mad?" Adrian asked but I kept quiet. "Kitten, c'mon don't be like this. Hey, I'm sorry?" When I don't respond, he continued to beg, "I'll buy you 3 tubs of ice cream, c'mon."

"Aww Addy, you're so cute." Griselda squealed.

Adrian lets go of my hand and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. "Uh, yea, we have to go now. Let's go kitten."

Adrian paid for the food and we left to get the 3 tubs of ice cream.

--------------------------------------------

ok I took forever to write this chapter & im unhappy w how this chapter came out bc of my writer's block 😭 im sorry!!