Chapter 5

"Adrian?"

"Kitten," his body visibly hardened at the sight of my bruised face. "What happened?"

"I uh.." I looked at my shoes, not wanting to answer his question.

"Uh she fell during free period." Amy placed her hand on shoulder "Didn't you, Avey?" I nodded, still looking down at my shoe refusing to look up at him and I saw two shoes infront of mine, and a hand lifted my head to look into Adrian's green eyes. He stared directly into my eyes, like he was studying me. I felt weak because I couldn't fight back.

"Kitten? What's wrong?" I didn't realize I was crying until he uses his thumbs to wipe my cheek. God I'm am emotional wreck. Avery, keep yourself together.

"Uh, it's nothing." I said as I stepped back, getting out of his hold. "Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to ask if you needed a lift to the party on Friday?"

"Uh, alright." I said as I walked to the driver's seat. "Amy, c'mon, let's go. I'm tired." She nodded and walked into the passenger seat. "Bye guys." I said as I turned the ignition. Matt and Jake waved and Adrian just stood there like he was in deep thought. I drove out of the school parking lot and turned the radio on. "Amy, can I sleepover at yours tonight? I'm really tired."

"Sure Avey." She gave me a small smile which I returned. I'm really glad I have her. Who knows how out of control I'd be without her. She's the only that actually cares about me. Mum's high all the time to care for me and care doesn't exist in dad's vocabulary anymore.

I parked in her driveway and there were no cars except Amy's. "Where's your parents and your brother?"

"Business trip and Tyler's at college." She replied. I nod and walked into her house and I placed my keys on the coffee table. When I saw a framed picture, hung up on the wall by the stairs, I walked up the stairs. It was taken 4 years back. It was a picture of me, Amy and Cara. I held the picture to my chest and let the tears flow down my cheeks even though I'm really tired of crying today, I just couldn't the tears from running down my cheeks. I missed Cara so much. I need her right now. I want to see her smiles. I want to hear her laugh. I'd do anything to have her with me right now. "Avey? Do you want to eat something? You didn't eat lunch today and I'm sure as hell you skipped your breakfast." Amy said, standing at the foot of the stairs. I wiped my tears and shook my head. "Could you at least sit with me as I eat? You know how I feel about eating alone." I chuckled and walked down the stairs and followed her into the kitchen.

"I really miss Cara. Sometimes I get dreams of her and sometimes I feel her presence. I just miss her, you know?"

"Yea, I miss her too. Her laughs, I miss that the most. I would do anything to hear her laugh again."

I gave Amy a small smile as a reply. She sat down infront of me, eating her ham sandwich. "So, how's Tyler doing?"

Tyler is Amy's hot and sexy brother. He's in his second year of college this year, he comes back home a couple of times every month so that his family won't miss him too much. I'll admit that I used to have a tiny crush on him, when we were younger because he gave me the attention but after what happened to Cara, I gave up on everything. And now, Tyler is like a brother to me, he told me to tell him if anyone disturbs me so that he could beat them to pulp, but I never do.

"Tyler's good. He's coming home next weekend, you should come over next week so you guys can catch up?" Amy suggested.

"Yea sure." I said closing my eyes, feeling a headache coming. "Hey, do you have some aspirin? I feel a headache coming."

"Yea," she said, giving me two aspirins, "Go up and rest. I'll wake you up for dinner." I nodded and made my way up the stairs, trying not to look at the framed picture again. When I reached Amy's room, I instantly wrapped myself under the duvet. I closed my eyes and I was consumed by darkness almost immediately.

----------------------------------------------