Chapter 7

I woke up the next day with a killer headache. My head felt so heavy when I sat up. I walked to the guestroom to see if Amy was there, but she wasn't. She might be at the kitchen, I thought.

"Amy? Amy?" No reply. "Amy, where are you?" I walked down to the kitchen and she wasn't there. I looked around and saw a sticky note on the fridge.

' Avey I'm out to get food for breakfast! I didn't wake you up for dinner because you snoring and it seemed like you were having a good sleep . I won't be long. I didn't want to wake you up! I'll be back by 7. I ran you a bath to relax! Amy '

I smiled at how thoughtful she is. I love her to bits, I'd probably lose myself again if she left. I walked up to her bathroom. I walked in and locked the door behind me. I stripped off all my clothes and looked in the mirror. I was disgusted at the sight. Bruises all over my body, scars lined my arm and thighs. My hair tangled and the bags under my eyes were really bad. I shook my head at the sight. I stepped into the bath and laid down to relax. It was so quiet. I let the water calm me down as I stare blankly at the walls. All the thoughts came rushing in, Cara, dad, mum and school. I felt the walls closing in on me, my breathing became ragged. I can't take this. I stepped out of the bathtub and walked out to my bag and took my extra blade. I went back into the bathtub and I started slicing my wrist. I went deeper and deeper after every cut. The water in the bathtub become red. I stared at the cuts and I started to see black spots and I was consumed by darkness again.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I opened my eyes and saw Amy beside my with her head in her hands. "Amy whe-"

"Avey, why did you do it again? You got me worried. Do you know how it felt? I came home with breakfast in my hands thinking that you're relaxing in the bath but when I called for you, you didn't answer. I banged on the door repeatedly and you didn't reply. I used the key and open the door, and I see you, " she sobs and tears run freely down her cheeks.

"Amy.. I don't want to be here. I don't like hospitals. Let's lea-" I get cut by Amy.

"No, Avery. I'm not done." Avery? She never uses that. " I see you, lying in a tub of blood lifelessly and I shook you so hoping that you'll wake up. I screamed but you didn't move. I called the ambulance and they came. They said that your heart was beating really slow. They said.. That you could've di.. Died if I was a minute late.. Avey, you scared me. Why did you do it again. You almost left me. Please.. I've never been this scared my whole life.. Baby girl please.." she pleaded and she cried and I just looked at her, lost for words.

"Amy, I'm sorry. I couldn't cope. I hate this life. It's pathetic Amy. I really hate this life. I want to go as soon as possible. It never gets better Amy. It never gets better.." I cried into my hands.

"Ave-" she gets cut off my the door knocking. We turn to look at the door and see the doctor walk in.

"Ah Ms. Parker, you're awake. Your mum's on her way." I nod. "Anyways, how are you feeling?" He asked, checking my tubes and some of my medical papers.

"Alright. Just a little headache." He nods and my mum walked into the room.

"Uh, Dr. Robert? I think I'll talk to them." Amy said to the doctor. I raised my eyebrow and he just nodded, while turning around to leave the room, my mum came rushing in.

"Mrs. Parker," he gave her a small nod and left the room. My mum runs straight to me.

"Baby, what happened?" She's asked caressing my cheek.

"Mum," I start off only to be cut by Amy.

"Mrs. Parker," we both turn our heads to Amy, "Uh, I'm sorry, but uh, Avery self harms." I freeze as my mum stared at me. "The doctor told me that her body is covered in bruises and some of her veins were damaged beyond repair so some of her bruises won't go away." I looked up at mum and she was stood shock, she eyes fixed on my arm.

"Baby.. I can't lose you. I can't lose another princess. Why?"

"Why?" I laughed a humorless laugh "Maybe because I get abused? Maybe because I am constantly reminded that I'm a mistake? Maybe because nobody loves me enough to stay? Or maybe because I'm a freak?" Tears were running freely down her cheeks. "Don't start crying now, I've been this damaged ever since Cara left. It took you this long for you to realize? Don't start crying. I don't need this tears. It doesn't change anything." I replied curtly.

"Uh, you can be discharged tomorrow. Your heartbeat is still unstable and you might faint again so they're keeping you safe." Amy replied trying to lighten the tension in the room.

"Alright thanks. Can you send my mum home please?"

"Sure." She stood up and grabbed my mum out of the room. I went to sleep because the medication made me drowsy. I slept through the day and only woke up the day after.

Amy was at the same place, in the same position as yesterday. "Amy?" She lifted her head, her eyes were red and puffy and there were bags under her eyes. "You didn't go home?" She gave me a small smile and shook her head. "Why not?"

"Wanted to be here when you wake up." She gave me a smile and stood up. " I'll go see if you could be discharged now alright?" I nod and she left. She came back with a duffel bag. "You can be discharged and here you go." She passed the duffel bag to me, " Change." I stood up slowly, feeling a little dizzy. I took the bag and made my way to the bathroom in my ward. I washed up and changed into a long sleeve top and sweatpants. I walked out from the bathroom and saw Amy waiting on the chair, texting on her phone.

"Who you texting? " I asked.

"Matt?" She replied with a sheepish smile. I smirked at her. "It's nothing like that, Avey. Anyways, you wanna meet up with the bad boys and de-stress? Or you wanna go home and rest somemore?"

"Where and what time are we meeting them?" I replied and saw her eyes lighten up instantly. I wanted to tease her about her liking Matt but she'll turn it around and she'll tease me about Adrian since I know my best friend too well.

"The mall at 3." She replied cheerfully and picked my duffel bag for me. "Your mum signed the papers for you to be discharged already so we can just go." I nod and we walked out to the taxi stand. Amy was texting on her phone the whole time we were waiting. A taxi came after 10 minutes and we went to Amy's house first since it was a quarter to 1 and we still had time before meeting the boys.

We went out half past 2 and took Amy's car because she said she hasn't driven her car in ages, which was only a week. She turned on the radio and sang along to almost every song. She sounded horrible but we had this rule where the owner of the car will do whatever they please and the passenger can't fight back, so I couldn't off the radio. When Amy parked her car, I jumped out of the car, "Oh thank god that's over. My ears, my poor bleeding ears." I whined dramatically.

"Oh c'mon Avey, don't be so dramatic, it wasn't that bad. " Amy said, placing a hand on her hip.

"But it was!" I said, stomping off like a five year old.

Amy chuckled and shook her head at my childishness. "Matt said they're waiting at the entrance of the mall." Amy said looping a hand in mine.

--------------------------------------------------------