3

Heaven

I gaped at the beautiful penthouse in front of me. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. It was located on a secluded part of the city, hidden from the chaos of the outside world. I got out of the taxi and just stood outside the gate, mesmerised by the beautiful house. I had seen many penthouses in New York as a child and always dreamt of having one. But this one had something more enchanting about it.

I don't know how long I stood their just gaping at the house but was brought out of my daydreaming by a man looking like a security guard.

"How can I help you miss?" The man asked politely.

I plastered a smiled on my face and replied, "I'm here to meet Mr.Harrison."

"Do you have an appointment?"

Appointment? I need to have an appointment?

"Uh I guess so?" I frowned. Dr.Lynn hadn't told me the client was this important.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I can't allow you inside without prior appointment." The guard said sternly yet with a hint of politeness.

"My name is Heaven. Heaven Smith. You can check it. I was called to come today."

The guard looked at me skeptically and then turned and walked inside what looked like a security house at the gate.

Whoa. This guy sure was loaded.

The guard came out after a few moments and said, "There's no Heaven Smith in the visitors list. I'm sorry but I have to ask you to leave."

I panicked. This wasn't supposed to happen, was it?

"No! There might have been some misunderstanding. I was called in today." Then something struck me and I said, "Can you check and see if there were any appointments under the name of Dr.Lynn?"

The guard sighed heavily but went in nonetheless. He came out after sometime and said, "Well there is an appointment under the name of Dr.Meredith Lynn."

I sighed in relief. "Yeah. I'm her assistant. She couldn't come so she has sent me in her place." The guard didn't look too convinced so I pulled up my ID and showed it to him. The ID was issued under Dr.Lynn's name so it was believable.

The guard finally nodded and opened the gates. I thanked him and went inside. I walked up to the door and hit the buzzer. I waited for a few minutes but no one opened the door. I hit it again and also knocked. But no one opened even then.

Getting slightly impatient and also a bit concerned, I tried opening the door. To my utter surprise, the door opened easily.

What kind of a man is he? Isn't he afraid of getting robbed or anything? Who leaves the door open so casually?

I shushed my voice from further judgements. There has to be some reason. Maybe he just got home from somewhere and forgot to lock it? Yeah, that has to be a plausible reason.

I hesitantly and slowly made my way inside the house. I stood at the foyer and my eyes widened at the beauty in front of me.

The interior was nothing like I had ever seen in my life. The place was huge and spacious. There was a big, white set of couch in the middle of the living room. Towards the right, there was what seemed like to be a bar sort of thing with rows and rows of bottles of various alcoholic drinks. To the left of me was a glass stairwell going to the next floor. It was just the living room and the bar that I had seen but I already made up my mind that this was the kind of house you only see in movies.