Two Halves

Been trying to get rid of my writers block to work more on a current request, I'm working on it so please try to bare with my bad timing skills, sowwy ><

Song: A thousand years by Christina Perri ft. Steve Kazee

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own the characters or show!!!

I stood there on stage ready to sing, mic on my ear, till my heart couldn't take it, till he hears me sing, till my last breathe if that's what it takes. He needs to know how I feel, how I really feel especially if he thinks I wouldn't understand his pain. 5,000 years he was trapped in his own mind, his own soul, I would do the same if I could see him again, I would've done the same had I not passed in my previous life. I closed my big round amethyst eyes and took a deep breathe, I didn't care much for my clothes or appearance right now but the stage hands said to at least be presentable so I had to change earlier. I'm currently wearing a purple shining tank top, dark blue leather pants, black boots, and my normal accessories but this time, I wore my favorite little charm, the mini puzzles me we had made for each other. My mini puzzle had his first initial while his had mine. I smiled as the music started, the lights dimmed, and the curtain rose.

The soft melody picked up slowly, the gentle music seemed to course through me and made me feel safe, made me believe he was here even without looking.

The day we met

Frozen I held my breathe

I raise a hand to where my lungs were and left it there for a second before moving it outwards as I only held out my pointer finger.

Right from the start

I knew that I found a home for my heart

I moved both my hands to my chest, making a heart with them over my own heart. I took a step forward finally opening my eyes as I looked out at the crowd.

Beats fast

colors and promises

How to be brave

how can I love

when I'm afraid to fall

I furrowed my eyebrows, remembering how hard it was to overcome my past, the mental and physical abuse I went through from others. I moved my hands down like I was pushing a literal object down.

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

I reach out my left hand and place my right back onto my chest. I motioned with my left hand to an empty spot on stage not far from me like someone was there, where he used to stand when on stage with me. I took a step forward again, still far from the edge but close enough to be about two arms length away from the edge.

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

I remember the sleepless nights, the countless tears, the days I didn't eat much, and how slow it all felt, how torturing it was to me. My voice cracked a bit as I continued singing.

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a

Thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

I thought about how lonely it must have been for those thousands of years, all those years just to have a small chance at meeting me again even though I wouldn't be able to remember. I still don't have my past life's memories but I believe him and I fully trust him which is why this is so so hard. I miss him.

Time stands still

Beauty n all he is

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

At first I thought it was my imagination or that it was a recording of his voice when he sang this in practice long ago but I soon realized that it was live, he was singing, here in the giant room or theater or whatever. He was here, singing, singing with me and to me. Atem!! I almost started crying but I wanted to find him, I wanted to see him again, please...

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

And then, from the spot I motioned to earlier came Atem. I hadn't noticed that the platform opened up but there he was as it came to a stop on the stage. He wore his signature black tank top and leather pants, though now he also wore a deep red leather jacket that nearly matched his stunning crimson eyes that made his smooth tan skin look even more amazing. He smiled at me, also wearing a wireless mic on his right ear, and started to walk in my direction, eyes never straying from my own. I accidentally let out a small gasp in shock and happiness before remembering I had to sing.

One step closer

We each slowly walked to each other, trying not to rush even though I really want to jump into his arms.

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid

I have loved you

(A-) for 5,000 years

(Y-) for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

We meet each other halfway and he held out his hand for me. I took it and gave it a good squeeze to make sure I wasn't just dreaming. We continued to sing as we looked into each others eyes like were hypnotized.

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Ooo, Oooo~

I'll love you for a thousand mo~re

Oo~

Ooooo~

One step closer

(Yugi-) I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid

I have loved you for

A thousand years

I'll love you

(Both-) for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for

A Thousand Years

I'll love you for a thousand more~

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I was just so happy to see him, to see him alive and unharmed from what I can tell. I leaned up a bit and crashed my lips to his in a sweet and passionate kiss. Oh how I missed his lips and his soothing presence. We forgot about the audience that was both yelling in anger and shouting in joy, we only cared about each other right now.

We needed to talk....immediately.