The Forbidden Fruit | 52

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

The door opened with a soft click and Ace peered inside, his eyes swivelling towards me and I stared at him puzzled, wondering why he was creeping around. "Hey. . ." He drawled out. I nodded my head towards him to show him that I acknowledged his presence and stuffed the last article of clothing into my gym bag.

He closed the door behind him and sauntered towards me, his eyes moving towards the gym bag slung over my shoulders. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"The bar."

"What? You're not scheduled for tonight." He exclaimed and I shrugged as I slipped on my sneakers. "Then I'll fit myself in the schedule. I need to get some steam out." I replied, he raised his hands in the air in exasperation and shouted a response, asking me why I didn't just say so.

I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the room with Ace beside me. By the look on his face, I knew that he could sense my uneasiness. I never go to the bar unless I'm on the schedule and Ace knows that you just don't go down there and demand to fight but I don't care.

I'd rather go to the bar than a gym.

My eyes swivelled towards Arabella's dorm room and with a sigh I averted my eyes from it, ignoring Ace's intense stare. We made our way into the elevator and I leaned against the wall, flickering my eyes shut as my mind drifted back to Arabella's and I conversation.

"What are we going to do, Tyler?"

"I don't know."

She broke down into a sobbing mess and I willed myself to not join in as I lowered myself down beside her and pulled her into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my waist, her head laying on my thighs as I caressed her cheek softly, ever so often wiping away a tear that trickled down her cheek.

"I don't want to do this. . ."

"I don't want you to either." Her hand tightened around my thigh, her nails digging into my skin and her tears sank into the material of my jeans but I didn't complain.

Was this my life now? A series of unfortunate events? Was my life only misfortunes? Was I not allowed to finally be happy?

First my parents, now Arabella. Everyone I care about keeps getting ripped away from me one way or another. I've barely gotten my parents back and this is already happening.

I was finally happy.

But all things must come to an end, right?

Arabella's happiness, mine.

"Can you promise me something?" She whispered softly. I peered down at her, nodding my head softly as her tear-stained eyes gazed up at me. "Promise me that you'll stick by my side until the wedding day."