The Forbidden Fruit | 29

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

"I am exhausted," I groaned deeply as I flopped down onto the sofa and buried my head in Aaron's neck. He chuckled and slightly pushed me away before wrapping his hands around my neck and snuggling me to his body.

"What's gotten my sweet cheeks so exhausted?" He taunted as I felt his fingers pinch my cheeks. I swatted his hands away and sighed.

"I don't know, maybe it's the fact that I have to prep for my two-week preparation for the internship at vogue and my school assignments are doubling up which means ten times more work and dedication has to be put into it, I'm exhausted! And not only that but all these guys–these men won't stop bothering me and it's stressing me out. Humans are stressing me out!"

"Since when do you complain about guys bothering you?" He asked with arched brows. I pushed myself away from his chest and bit my lip nervously. I didn't want to tell him that the reason why I wasn't entertaining other guys was because I had strong feelings towards Tyler.

Guess I'll have to play it out.

"I don't know," I shrugged. He arched his brow questionably as I let out a huge groan. "Stop pressuring me! W–why don't you tell me about you and Max." I poked him in the waist which caused him to swat my finger away.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I frowned deeply and twisted my body to the side and stared at his confused expression.

"Well since you guys are a thing I guess?"

I pouted when his lips pursed into a thin line and his brown orbs locked with mine. His face stayed stoic for a moment as he blankly stared at me till he burst into a fit of laughter and tapped his knee for more effect.

"What's so funny?" I asked softly. He continued laughing and each second I was getting more impatient and angry. "Okay, okay!" He breathed as he gained his posture.

"Max and I aren't a thing, sweet cheeks. I told you before that he's straight." He drawled out as if I would understand him even more. "Yeah I know but you guys have implied that you'll are dating and I suspected that he only said he was straight because he was acting as if he were. What do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes and linked our hands together as his eyes bored into mine. I stared at him confusedly as he let out a small chuckle. "Those were just innuendos. We never meant them, they were just for laughs. All the stupid flirting was not real." He exclaimed slowly as if I were a five year old and had no understanding.

I parted my lips in shock as my eyes widened and his lips turned into an amused smile. "So why did you tell Tessa you guys were dating?" I asked in confusion.