The Forbidden Fruit | 12

Warning: This chapter may be triggering for some readers as it tackles the subject of eating disorders, read at your own risk. If anyone is struggling from such seek help from a trusted family member, friend or councillor because you are never alone and there's always someone willing to listen ❤️

 If anyone is struggling from such seek help from a trusted family member, friend or councillor because you are never alone and there's always someone willing to listen ❤️

Arabella's POV

"Aaron. . . Interested in anyone?" I asked, shoving at his shoulder softly as we strode around the forest, lazily picking at the garbage that littered the ground. This was apparently part of the schedule, to clean up our environment, other students referred to it as a waste of our time but I quite liked it.

"Well. . ." He trailed off, his head turned towards the garbage bag dangling from his fingertips. I watched silently as he ran his hands through his hair and smiled softly, his cheeks growing slightly red from shyness and most likely embarrassment. "Kind of. . .I--It's nothing, it'll never happen anyway." He mumbled, his eyes trailing from the bag and past me.

I followed his gaze, spinning on my heels to gaze directly at Erika and Max patterned up, laughing as they cleaned up the area beside the lake. "Erika?" I asked confusedly, snapping my head back towards him then snorting as I mentally slapped myself. "Max, oh my god it's so obvious, you guys have been best friends for life. . . does he know?"

"Nah, I can't tell my best friend from childhood that I have a thing for him. That'll ruin our friendship and plus he's straight if you haven't guessed. Now everything would seem awkward and he'll probably hate me," he widened his eyes slightly and scoffed, his head shaking lightly.

"If by any chance you're insecure about Erika don't worry, she has a thing for Ace, although she constantly denies it," I reassured him, squeezing his shoulder softly. He chuckled deeply and pulled his lips into a smile before placing his hand over mine and patting it softly. "It's okay, I like someone else. Although I don't know her much, so far she's been really sweet, but I think she has a boyfriend. . .kinda complicated you know?"

"You think? why not just ask her? I asked, arching my brows questionably as I shoved another discarded can into the bag. "Like I said, it's complicated." He muttered, shaking his head.

"I doubt that," I snorted when we finally came to stop. I swiped a rag over my face, riding it of the sweat that had already begun to trickle down my cheek. "Tyler, Tyler's the guy. That's what makes it so complicated." He exclaimed. The smile that lingered on my face faltered and I trailed my eyes towards Tyler who was currently in his own world, kicking at cans instead of picking it up.

"Tyler does not have a girlfriend."

"No, not exactly." He stated, leaning against the tree beside me. I sighed, shoving my hands into my pocket and frowning deeply. Of course, Tyler could never settle down, what did I expect? Pathetic, Arabella. "I'm talking about you miss clueless, you're the girl that I'm starting to like. But Tyler might just murder me, he's quite possessive over what he wants, and even a blind cow could see he wants you."