The Forbidden Fruit | 10

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

Hand in hand, Erika and I both made our way to the schools front yard where our transportation was currently waiting along with the other students from our classroom surrounding Mrs Grot. By the time we arrived she was currently taking roll call, just in time for my name to be mentioned.

"There is in fact a sitting arrangement on the transit for various amount of reasons that I won't disclose with any of you. As soon as you hear your names please take a seat beside your riding partner. Aaron Herondaé you're partnered up with Erika Simpson."

"Ace Payne and Max Kepler, Arabella Smith and Tyler Hart."

Excuse me?!

I swallowed the bile in my throat, my mind drifting off to the occurrence in the elevator ten minutes ago. Out of instinct I searched for Tyler in the crowd, only to see his back faced away from me as he surrounded himself with Ace and two other guys I've never seen before.

Normally I'd already catch him smirking at me and I could bet my life on the fact that he knew I'd search for his gaze, he was purposely turned away from me. Maybe it's because I saw him in his weakest point, apparently he never shows any signs of fear and vulnerability, I caught him in an inevitable spot, if he didn't portray it he's probably lose his mind.

"Oh, I'm paired up with a total hottie," Erika snapped me out of my thoughts, nudging me in the arm softly as she motioned towards one of the guys standing beside Tyler. I didn't ask her how she knew it was him since we barely know anyone in this class but instead I took in his features, a small smile curving on my lips.

He was mid height, not too tall, not too short for a guy. Blonde hair cascaded down his face, blocking my view from his eyes but I could still see his defined jawline, his pink lips glistening in the sunlight, pulled into a smile as he reacted to something Ace said. My lips moved with his and I once again found myself being mesmerized by a guy.

"I'm guessing you think he's cute too. . ." Erika trailed off. I cleared my throat and averted my eyes from his, letting it fall onto her face which was held with a very judging stare. "What? so now I can't think other guys are attractive?"

"No, no. I'm not saying anything. Look at this on though, the one standing next to Tyler. He's an eye candy." I trailed my eyes towards them once again and caught the gaze of the other mysterious guy. Tall, maybe six feet. Brown hair trailed past his shoulders, a hint of blonde mixed within it, also glistening in the sunlight. He looked like a young Leonardo DiCaprio, handsome to say the least. He really was a catch.

"Hey, earth to Bella. The bus is loading, let's go."

I followed Erika onto the bus, the air conditioning immediately enveloped my body. All the heat from the weather and possibly from something else seemed to dial down as the coolness seeped through my bones. Mrs Grot motioned towards the very back of the bus, motioning towards an empty seat in which Tyler and I will occupy in 0.15 seconds.