The Forbidden Fruit | 40

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

It's been a month now, a month since my life began to steer into the path I always dreamed of. I finally got the internship job out of all twenty women who went through the assessment, Tyler and I grew closer and closer every single day and I'm surrounded by the people I love every day.

Although ever since that day in the lounge Aaron and I haven't been as close as we were. We don't act awkward around one another–I mean at least he doesn't, he acts as if that day never happened but I noticed the small changes.

He doesn't refer to me as sweet cheeks anymore and hell not even Bella or Bells. He stopped sitting next to me whenever we were together as a group, he wouldn't look at me unless it was necessary and altogether he just stopped being close to me. Now Max seemed to take his place as the goofy best friend when it came to me.

No one seemed to notice the small changes whenever we were around one another but I knew Tyler saw it sometimes. He saw the way I would sneak glances at Aaron now and then when he wasn't looking. How I would try to include him in conversations with me, how I tried desperately to get him to say more than two words to me.

But nothing ever happened.

I gained a boyfriend but lost a best friend.

How is that fair!?

And even as a month passed and nothing bad seemed to happen I just can't shake off the pit in my gut every morning I woke up. The pit that told me something wrong was going to happen, I don't know when and I surely don't wanna know how but I can't dismiss the feeling.

I needed something to take my mind off of it and that's why I purchased six tickets to this music festival and booked us hotel rooms to spend the weekend together before thanksgiving when we have to part. I thought it'd be nice to enjoy some time together before we enjoyed it with our families.

"Ugh you're gonna be spending thanksgiving in a mansion with pools and indoor slides whilst I spend mine with a teething crying baby, an obnoxious older brother, an OCD of a mother and a work freak father!" Erika exclaimed as she lowered herself down beside me, her eyes trained on the computer.

"False. I'm spending Thanksgiving with my mother and her boyfriend and their sons, not with my father's wife and that annoying twat Tessa."

"Hmm, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

"A little bit of both. I'd rather spend Thanksgiving with my father alone but we can't all have what we wish for. And the same goes for you, at least your parents aren't divorced and you have siblings to enjoy it with. So stop complaining because you're going home to a full house, a happy family."

She turned to face me, her lips pulled into a pout before a heavy sigh escaped her lips and she nodded her head vigorously. "Yeah you're absolutely right, I'm sorry."