The Forbidden Fruit | 20

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

"Hello?"

"Arabella, hi dear how are you?" Her voice rang down the line. I rolled my eyes and pulled the phone away from my ears to examine the caller once again and it was indeed my mother. "I'm good, what do you want?"

"That is no way to speak to the woman who birthed you, Arabella Kendall Smith."

Trying my hardest to prevent myself from rolling my eyes I smiled tightly without responding and waited for her to go on with why she called so suddenly. "Look I'm sorry about not coming to see you before you went to college but please this isn't for me it's for your dad."

At the mention of my dad I perked up, my mood immediately lightening as I sat upright, a smile on my lips. "Y–yeah what's up?"

"He just wants you to come to visit him for a few days, most likely four days in New York. He's having this business party and wants you with him, he also said you can bring some friends along if you'd like."

"What's in it for me? And why couldn't dad contact me himself?" I asked confusedly.

She sighed deeply, ignoring the second question and going straight to the first thing I asked. What's in it for me. Definitely not New York because I've lived there before. "He wants to introduce you to someone I think you'll like. It has something to do with your passion, fashion right? Maybe he has a close friend from vogue that you'd like?" She asked rather rhetorically.

The words didn't have a second to register in my mind as I leaped off the chair, my heart hammering wildly in my chest at the mention of Vogue. The biggest fashion industry in the world and my dad has links with them? Definitely. "W–what! are you, serious mom!?"

"Sure, I won't lie to you Hunny. Just pack a suitcase for a week and invite your friends. I'm sending someone to pick you up at four today and we'll meet at the airport. And don't worry about classes, your father is a very respected man who is acquainted with your dean. God knows what your father offered him. Anyways sweetie, love you, bye."

Before I could reply the line went dead. I stared at the phone in bewilderment and let out a squeal of excitement as I fell back onto the chair.

From a very young age, my dream was to be a fashion designer. I remember binge-watching episodes of America's Next stop Model or Fashion Runway. The only reason why I didn't want to go to a high class designing college was because I wanted to be with my best friend and I also didn't want people to think it was under my father's influence.

It would have been so I didn't. I went for a mediocre college where I could still accomplish my dreams without being handed everything too. Some things however like being introduced to someone in the fashion industry is what I'll allow.