Ancient Magic

That night Natsu dreamed about Igneel again, although it had nothing to do with the mating season which he was thankful for. He dreamed about when he was a kid riding on Igneel's back and how the wind rushed around him and the chuckle from his father below. It was a pleasant dream and he woke up that morning feeling completely overjoyed. He happily got out of bed planting a kiss on Lucy's forehead, so happy he stayed in his head imagining what the day would be like with his Lucy. He ignored most of his surroundings which was a big mistake as he began to make breakfast once again, he felt an electric shock overwhelm his entire body starting from his back. His muscles spasmed and he felt he could hardly breathe and shouted out in pain as he tried to reach for the source. He faintly heard a yelling Lucy and pounding footsteps before he blacked out.

Lucy rushed towards the kitchen when she heard what was an electric sound then a yell from Natsu, Just as she reached the kitchen someone grabbed her arm and threw her. She quickly stood up seeing four people in masks. They chuckled, Lucy reached for her side realizing her Keys weren't there. She cursed to herself
"What do you people want." She growled out one of them laughed and stepped out, she assumed the leader behind this.
"I want his power. And you sweetie have unlocked every bit of it, so I can now extract it from him and use it for myself." He spoke a rough voice but young as well someone around her age.
"You won't be getting anything from him"
She launched herself forward prepared to fight when something hit her in the shoulder. Her vision became blurred and she stumbles fighting her body.
"You see sweetie, I will win because I know of ancient powers you never even knew existed."

Lucy woke up her head pounding and her body stiff and numb. She sat up and looked around groggily, she knew what had happened and looked at her shoulder a dart embedded there. Her eyes began to water from the various pains as she crawled toward the kitchen. She had seen the first aid kit in a lower cabinet the other day, she began to sob when she saw Natsu was gone no longer lying on the kitchen floor. She laid her back against a cabinet and opened the one next to her. She pulled out the first aid kit, getting gauze and gauze tape. She ripped pieces of tape and laid them over the side of the kit; she then held gauze in one hand, the other gripped around the dart. She took deep breathes before pulling it out, she yelled out and it felt as if her body was burning. She quickly put the gauze over the small wound and used the tap to keep it in place. Her arms then went limp as she cried, she then took deep breathes and calmed herself. She turned and grabbed the edge of the countertop and lifted herself up and made her way to the sink she grabbed a cup nearby and got some water. She chugged it down, the headache subsiding and the burning sensation calming. okay Lucy we got to get to the guild. We get dressed grab our keys and run. She thought to herself. Her mind flashed to Natsu, her pain of loss welling up in her again she shook her head. No. We are not crying this time. So she did as she said and as she raced to the guild she could only hope that Natsu was already on his way out of wherever they were keeping him.

Natsu woke up in chains his body feeling fuzzy like it had been asleep for a long time and couldn't be woken. He could barely control his head but he managed to look up, his chains seemed simple enough he could probably pull them from the wall if he tried hard enough as soon as his body was awake. Then his inner dragon became to yell mate at him. He groaned. Can you shut up!! I know okay but I can't help her if we can't help ourselves first. That seemed to help for a moment as he concentrated on moving his fingers and toes in hopes of waking up his limbs. When a voice came from the hallway
"I suppose you'll be awake now" it spoke Natsu didn't answer and he heard scoff. As the person approached his footsteps echoed almost painfully for Natsu's ears. He stopped in front of the cage.
"A pleasure to meet you Mr. Dragneel" the man chuckled. Natsu glared at the man his red curly hair standing out admits the darkness and poorly lit dungeon. He wore all black and his eyes a dark green gleaming in mischief.
"Who are you?" Natsu asked. The man smiled eerily
"A descendant from those of ancient ways in the dragon wars. That's all you need to know, besides the fact that you were destined to help in our mission." Natsu's body began to wake up but Natsu needed more information from this man to not only give himself time but to check on Lucy.
"Where is she?" He asked; the man looked at his nails putting a finger on his mouth to chew a fingernail off.
"Who?" He spoke while doing so
"My mate."
He spits out a nail
"Oh yes the blonde girl who was going to give us trouble, she should be waking up safe and sound right about now with a massive migraine or dead. It is hard to administer a proper dosage without knowing someone's height and weight." He spoke looking at his other hand for any nails to chew. Natsu growled the man met his eyes again with glee covering his face
"If she is still alive she can stay that way as long as I get what I need from you. If I don't however I have my assassin keeping her in his sight" He then chuckled. Natsu jerked forward with all his might and the chains began to glow with words. Natsu looked surprised he should have broken the chains, this caused the man to laugh holding his stomach
"You should have seen your face!" He pointed at Natsu while laughing causing Natsu to try again. This time the man straightened up and became stern.
"I use magic that has been lost for centuries in the time before dragons and humans were friends. Before your kind came along there was my kind and we took care of dragons properly. You won't be breaking those chains."
With that, the man left while Natsu set himself ablaze and struggled with his chains.