Training

On the way through the town, Lucy convinced them that she needed to grab some stuff she might need back at her place and that she would meet them there. Happy suggested they took this time to clean up around their place. So when they arrived home they did the dishes and scrubbed down the bathroom and they pulled out a fold-up mattress they never used in their room, Natsu usually slept in his hammock and Happy on him or the couch they had. Natsu only really liked Lucy's bed because it smelt of her and it was a comforting feeling. Just as they had finished up there was a knock at the door. Happy answered it and showed her into their room where the bed was and she sat down a bag of things.
"So what's first Natsu?" She asked looking determined, he grinned with mischief
"A run"

A few miles later Natsu had worked up a sweat and Lucy had finally hit her max as she began to complain about the pain in her side. Natsu frowned at this, she really needed the extra physical training, he had never doubted her strength and knew she always had her celestial spirits but Lucy concentrated her energy on expanding her power core and the time she could keep her spirits here. He knew she did some sparring with Capricorn but he decided then that he would train with her more often.
"Alright Luce, we aren't to far away now we can slow down." He compromised as she began to catch her breath while walking beside him Natsu caught a whiff of her natural smell, he had always known it before but she usually wore perfume to mask it. Something deep within him seemed to growl at him and he wanted to be closer to her but he continued their casual walk and suppressed the feeling.
"So Luce, I know you've said you've sparred with Capricorn some, how is that going?" He asked she smiled at him those chocolate eyes gleaming with joy.
"Great actually I can't hit very hard unless I kick, but I have been getting better at the defensive end of sparring" she explained quite pleased with herself he chuckled at her delight.
"Well, I guess I'll have to see just how good you've gotten!" He challenged
"Bring it on Natsu" she teased back. They had finally reached the top of the hill overlooking a small valley with a clear lake. Lucy gasped at the sight, which made Natsu smile at her.
"This is the training grounds you could say, I do a lot out here, even happy, the only reason he could ever carry us both at once is because I put those wings to the test by making him set up stuff while I do some concentration training which is more familiar to your style" Natsu explained as they began to trot down the hill.
"Wow! This is amazing and I never even thought about happy training to strengthen his wings." She stated she then turned up to look at happy as he happily shouted aye. She smiled and turned her attention back to Natsu.
"My concentration training begins in the water, mainly because that's what can cause my fire the most problems but I easily resist that now, one thanks to training and two when I fight Gray while Juvia cries" he stated causing Lucy to laugh
"She has flooded the guild a time or two" she agrees.
"I think training in the water is actually a great start, I will have to avoid distractions like fish and anything else moving around in that water along with holding my breath it will be a challenge!" She exclaimed causing more excitement for the upcoming training. Finally, they reached the lake and Natsu stripped down to his underwear since he wasn't smart enough to put on some trunks, and Lucy surprisingly easily followed suit as she stripped down to her blue undergarments a blush light on her face. Natsu tried not to stare as he looked at her
"Anytime you need to come up for air just tap me twice just so I know you're okay and then once when you've come back down alright? " Natsu suggests wanting to make sure to keep tabs on her since she's been taken from him before.
"I can do that" she agrees so the two go into the water and onto the rocky floor of the lake. Natsu every so often would use attacks sending his fire through and up out of the water causing the lake to never be cold. Lucy had her back to Natsu and he would sometimes feel the rushing of water in an unnatural way from Lucy's summons. She went up for air four times before Natsu himself went up and this went on for a while until he decided she had done enough and was ready to move on. So he then tapped her shoulder twice and they both came up for air. Natsu noticed Lucy's heavy breathing as she surfaced, her hair sticking to her creating beautiful golden swirls over her lightly tanned skin and over her bosom. Natsu once again felt an urge to take Lucy away to be all alone with her. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes taking in a breath to calm himself.
"Let's move on" he suggests Lucy nods in agreement. Once the pair reached the shore Natsu set himself on fire and dried their clothes. Natsu put his pants back on only to give Lucy more comfort after she got dressed they began to spar.
"I want you to land a hit on me okay?" Natsu had started off saying, Lucy had only nodded and gotten into position.
Natsu so far had blocked her every attack, finally, they had ended up where Natsu had his arms wrapped around Lucy pinning her arms to her sides
"Give up yet?" He asks with mischief and glee
"Never" she growled out becoming more annoyed by the second. Natsu had been constantly teasing her and making remarks on every little thing, even comments on how she stood on her feet. Capricorn had never been so harsh on scrutinizing but Lucy enjoyed this much better it gave her a fire and anger to want to be better. Natsu released her and they began once again. This time Lucy started off with a kick which he dodged quite easily but as he began to come upright again she kicked him in his stomach sending him on his butt. He stood back up quickly to throw a punch at her she moved to the side and jabbed him between his ribs as Capricorn had taught her. This took him by surprise she once again used her leg to send his feet up off the ground and his face into the dirt.
"HA!" She shouted victoriously,
"look at the all-powerful dragon slayer now! A face full of dirt and his butt in the air" she stated with glee Natsu stood and chuckled at her.
"Good job, guess we can move on now. Right Happy?" Natsu asks his feline friend who had been fishing.
"Aye, sir! It's all ready, the logs were much easier to lift this time, you'll have to find something heavier next time!" Happy stated proudly his tail wiggling to portray his emotions.
"Looks like we are going for another run then Lucy!" Natsu exclaims a wicked gleam in his eye, Lucy then gets an overwhelming uncomfortable feeling knowing this look of his well.
"Happy here has set up a crazy obstacle course in the woods while we were in the water, I don't know what traps are set or anything but we have to dodge them and out-think some situations, your gonna love it luce!" Natsu explains. Lucy lets out an uneasy laugh
"Sure Natsu, whatever you say"
He grabs her hand and begins to run toward the forest, as soon as they step inside a bunch of arrows spring up Natsu simply lets out a burst of fire the flames creating a shield around Lucy and he continues on, Lucy making sure to stay close by. Remembering Natsu talking about traps she scans the run in front of them and notices a hole up ahead that was trying to be well hidden under a pile of leaves.
"Natsu wait!" Lucy yells but Natsu continues only to fall into the hole. Lucy looks down into the hole to find Natsu sitting crisscross.
"Can't believe he took the time to dig a hole. When has he ever dug a hole." Natsu grumbles Lucy laughs at this and reaches down to help him out of the hole. As soon as the two start to travel again massive logs swing out to hit them followed by six or seven more up the path all swinging at different times. Natsu, of course, moves through it easily Lucy moving very slow to calculate the swinging. Natsu gets hit by the fourth and goes flying only to come back as Lucy had caught up to the fourth. She smirks at his scowl and grabs his hand the two begin to move together through the logs. Once they had passed that arrows came flying out, Natsu quickly pulled Lucy to the ground and fell down over her to avoid them. Natsu looked down at the blonde who was looking up at him with wide chocolate brown eyes the sun setting behind her slowly began to give them a beautiful caramel glow. Her skin shining as well as her hair glowing. Natsu couldn't help but hold in his breath at the sight of her. While Lucy stared up at him his usual pink hair becoming an orange much like some of his flames his gray eyes becoming dark but she could never be afraid of them and his skin seemed to have a faint glow as well. Natsu moved closer to her, but then stopped his pupils becoming like a cats, his eyes darkening and his jaw tensing. He closes his eyes and relaxes before laying his forehead upon hers. Lucy closes her eyes as well soaking in the warmth her partner produces as the sun's warmth fades. She can hear his breathing before he begins to speak.
"I have to admit to you Lucy, I didn't want to just train. The jobs... they've been stressful for me. It's like I haven't had a break to process it all. Everyone is trying to move on and forget. Just like we have all the other times. But I can't move past it like everyone else is" He confessed. Lucy moved her hand up to ruffle his hair
"I understand" she stated and with that Natsu got up and let out his hand she grabbed it and he smiled as though nothing serious had just happened.
"I'll race you back home!" He exclaims taking off with Lucy on heels yelling at him about being unfair. As the pair entered into the clearing running Happy simply took off into the air to become the announcer of the race all the way home. Lucy mischievously tripped Natsu giving her a lead as soon as they could see the house and she took off at full speed.
"There has been some foul play here folks, Lucy Heartfilia the goody two shoes has just made an incriminating move of tripping her opponent. Now running at full speed a hot-headed Natsu on her heels. Will Lucy be able to make it before Natsu gains revenge??" Happy spoke from above, Lucy tried going faster as she heard Natsu on her heels and actually made it to the back door of his home before he plowed right into her from behind. They both ended up a mess on the ground, Lucy was in a fit of laughter as Natsu began to untangle himself from her but she was far too exhausted to try and escape as she laughed so hard her stomach began to ache. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt so much pure joy and feel-good adrenaline, and not adrenaline during the fighting and near-death experiences. She laid on the ground a minute more while Natsu smiled down at her. She held up her arm and Natsu helped her to her feet but she could no longer feel her legs so he helped her in and to the couch.
"You guys have a tub right?" Lucy asks, Happy answers her
"Aye, I love baths!" He exclaims making Lucy smile at him, just imagining Happy in the bathtub with a toy boat playing and splashing around made Lucy happy. 
"Well then I think I'll take a nice hot bath to relax before we eat and go to bed," she says standing with renewed feeling in her legs.
"Sure, Happy and I will make dinner!" Natsu exclaims "Hope you like things spicy"
"Uh maybe go easy on the spicy for me okay?"
"Aye, I don't want to melt again" happy chimes in
"Fine. I won't go spicy." Natsu grumbles and they part ways. Natsu and Happy to the kitchen and Lucy to the bedroom to get her clothes.