Intensity

After the pair had calmed down and relaxed, Natsu took a shower and changed while Lucy sat on the bed in the bedroom almost stunned. Her mind raced about her and Natsu and what their life might be like, she found the idea much more realistic than the time Mira had her thinking the same thoughts. She smiled to herself as her heart seemed to race, Natsu although not always a gentleman was still everything Lucy wanted as long as she could open up to the idea. Which she had these past few days, she never thought of Natsu being doting on her but he would still be there through all of it. Natsu soon came into the bedroom and stood there almost unsure of himself as he rubbed at the back of his neck.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Natsu asked her, Lucy smiled 

"Sure Natsu" she patted the bed for him to come next to her. They got comfy facing one another and Lucy spoke up again

"Thank you Natsu for today that was very sweet" she commented before giving him a quick peck to the lips, he smiled looking as arrogant as the words that left his mouth. 

"Well I am amazing" Lucy giggled at him before turning over in the bed and Natsu scooted up against her to hold her as they both fell asleep. 

Natsu's dreams that night consisted of confusing images of his father Igneel, flames, and scales. Natsu didn't understand any of it as it passed through his mind before the word mate was said over and over in different voices. Mainly the voices of Lucy and Igneel, Natsu dreamt of one last thing before he sat up in bed. It was himself covered in scales and fire, with claws, horns, and fangs. Natsu was slightly sweaty he noticed as he realized he was awake and in the darkness of his home. He glanced over at Lucy who turned to search for him. Seeing that was enough to calm him and lay back down. He pulled her close to his chest and kissed the top of her forehead. He relaxed in this position but he didn't fall asleep the rest of the Night. Lucy woke up to Natsu's chest and smiled content and moved impossibly closer.

"Good morning, sunshine" Natsu spoke up making lucy look up at him, at a very tired looking Natsu

"Did you even get any sleep Natsu?" Lucy asked concerned, Natsu shook his head no with a yawn. 

"There's so much about this season that I don't know about and now it's like all of Igneel's advice is coming in funny" Natsu admitted sounding slightly crazy to Lucy.

"What do you mean Igneels advice is coming in funny?" Natsu yawned again before speaking

"He gives me advice in my dreams, it's why I got Laxus to knock me out yesterday" He spoke nonchalantly. Lucy had sat up and was staring at Natsu, although her mind was reeling with questions. Natsu sighed noticing her thinking face on and kissed her knocking her out of it, Natsu stood up while she blushed and she began to yell.

"Natsu don't do that I was thinking about how I could help find information!" Natsu had been walking to the door but that stopped him in his tracks.

"You think you can get information about the mating season?" He asked almost wide-eyed in awe. She crossed her arms and looked away 

"Yeah, I have some smart spirits that might know something." She stated hoping that her spirit Crux could help.  Natsu climbed back on the bed with pleading eyes 

"Please Lucy will you help me out?" he pleaded, causing Lucy to shove his face away 

"Alright!" she complied before standing up and grabbing her keys from the nightstand. 

"open gate of the southern cross Crux" Lucy chanted as she summoned force Crux who was sleeping. Lucy said as she woke him up a snot bubble from his nose popped making Lucy disgusted while Natsu laughed.

"Oh, Miss Lucy how can I help?" he questioned 

"Do you have any information on dragon mating season?" she asked him and then Crux was automatically snoozing away while hovering in the bedroom. Lucy sighed 

"We will just have to wait for him to wake up now" She commented and Natsu only nodded his head before leaving the bedroom thinking about his dream, Lucy following close behind. Suddenly Lucy stopped in her tracks as she was flooded with images of Igneel, flames, and a dragon-looking Natsu. She gasped in surprise and took a step back. Natsu turned around and grabbed her arm in concern.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" He asked as Lucy stared at him, she shook her head and tried to let the thoughts go

"I'm okay," she said as she tried to reassure him, he finally let go of her as he still studied her in concern. She ignored his looks and strolled past him to the kitchen.  Together they made breakfast and sat down together to eat in comfort. When they finished Lucy went to the bedroom to check on Crux and Natsu took their plates to the kitchen before joining her. Lucy sat on the bed crisscrossed and put her face in her hand as she waited for any sign Crux would wake up soon. Natsu crawled up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck. 

"Can I kiss you again Lucy?" he asked almost whispering, Natsu being such an oblivious idiot did seem to have perks Lucy thought. Did he not know he could just kiss her when he wanted without asking now? Of course, they hadn't established anything but had they ever needed to, they worked so well together like spinning gears she couldn't think of interrupting their flow with establishing anything. So when she turned to face him, moving her arms around his neck as she spoke with a smile 

"Of Course." her world became perfect. He pulled her close and laid her on the bed before moving over her being gentle, he leaned down and kissed her leaving the two breathless. Then the pop of a snot bubble ruined the moment as Crux spoke up and Lucy's face began to heat up and she covered it with her arms.

"oh my am I interrupting something" the old cross guy teased, making Lucy push Natsu off before she stood still red in the face.

"No Crux, Just tell me what you got." She said while Natsu chuckled on the bed from Lucy's reaction.

" Dragonslayer mating season, the only thing I could find was asking around to the fellow celestial spirits. The only thing that is known is that as the season progresses the slayer will become more and more dragon-like until they have completed the mating"  Crux explained. Lucy nodded and thanked him before sending him back to the spirit world. She turned her attention to Natsu who looked worried and defeated and once again the images of Natsu looking like a dragon flashed through her mind. She sat in front of Natsu and took his hands in hers, she rubbed her thumbs over the top of his hands as she held them.

"Are you alright?" she asked waiting patiently for him to answer, finally he looked up at her with worry

"I don't want to hurt you Lucy or any of our family" he admitted, Lucy shook her head with a smile

"You would never do that" she stated her thoughts going back to the other slayers. She knew Natsu wouldn't but what about the others? She knew Gajeel would never hurt Levy ever again but what about anyone else or the rest of the guild. She knew they needed information on this season if it were to end happily. Then her thoughts wandered to Yukino. Surely Sting was her mate? Then it hit her, maybe her dragon slayer didn't know more or the ones in the guild but what about sting and rogue!

"Natsu!" she shouted startling him "We don't know what sting and rogue know!" Lucy then stood up and began to gather her things back up. Natsu not catching up to her idea yet.

"Lucy what are you doing?" he asked

"Natsu pack a bag we are gonna go visit sabertooth!" she smiled at him getting Natsu's spirits up

"I'm all fired up now!"