16

Asma remained frozen in her seat, still hadn't recovered from the kiss. Her mind whirled in confusion and couldn't say a thing. She just stared into space whereas Maheer remained calm in his seat, eating  his sandwich and sipping his juice, and occasionally gazing at her.

She was fighting with her inner self to remain calm and collected, and also trying to fight the effect of his nearness to her. Her heart fluttered wildly in her chest and the thoughts going on in her head were too much for her to handle. Why did he kiss me? Does he have feelings for me? No asma, it can't be - it was just a simple kiss. But it meant a lot to me, after all it's my first.

She is just so cute when she is nervous. He thought and smiled. "So asma, tell me where would you like for us to go tomorrow, as it is we are leaving the day after," he said and sipped his juice.

When she didn't say anything, he turned and touched her, "Asma!! still no response -"doctor asma," he said a bit louder. His touch sent goosebumps all over her body.

"Huh??" She turned abruptly.

Her eyes opened wide when she saw the close proximity between them. He smirked at the effect he had on her, and shifted back to his original position, "I just asked you something."

She closed her eyes, and tried to relax. "Oh so sorry, what did you say again?"
"I said where would you like us to go tomorrow? You know we are leaving the day after." He finished his lemonade, and kept the cup on the center table.

"Uhmm... anywhere."

"How about Disneyland then?" He suggested. Her eyes lightened up at the idea. "Oh yes - actually, it has been my dream since childhood to go there. I literally begged my parents to take me there every year, and they promised to take me when I get older. But as it is, you make your plans and Allah has other plans for you," she said, with eyes filled tears.

"Asma please don't cry now, they are in a better place insha Allah." He moved closer, and pulled her into a hug. She leaned her head in the hollow of his neck, and inhaled his pure male scent which almost instantly calmed her nerves. "Insha Allah."

When he sensed that she has calmed down, he pulled out of the hug, and looked her in the eyes. "Would you like to get some fresh air?"

She nodded her head unable to say anything. "Okay go and get dressed so we can go." She got up feeling tipsy and head to the room, and grabbed her bag and his and her coat. She came out to him pushing his phone into his pocket, and getting up.

She handed his coat to him and wore hers. "Thank you." He said and they both walked out. He locked the door after her, and gave her the key to keep in her purse.

They got in the elevator and took a trip downstairs, where he called a cab.

                                     —
They stopped by the sidewalk on a street that bustled with people going about with their life. They got out of the cab, and maheer shoved his hand inside his pocket to get his wallet, but figured it wasn't there. So he checked the other pocket, coat and everything but still couldn't find it. That's when he came to the conclusion that he left his wallet in the hotel. He closed his eyes and pinched his forehead in frustration.

Asma noticed this so she got her purse from her bag, asked for the price and paid. Maheer looked away with a look that I can't fathom on his face. "Hey, it's fine okay?" She held his arm and made him look at her. "It's all the same ok? Whether I pay the fare or you do, it doesn't matter. What matters the most is that it has been paid and we are here..— she looks around at the place and was surprised to see where the were. They were at a beach, a very beautiful beach with people having fun all around. — "What matters the most is that we are here.. at this gorgeous place. And you brought us here."

He looked at her and smiled a bit. "Thank you so much, I needed this." She breathed, looking around. He held her hand and spun around with a smile, "Let's take that walk now."

She looked at their hand then at his face and blushed slightly. They walked around the beach looking at every single detail of the beach. From sand to stone, rock pools to breaking waves, the far off horizon, the flaring hues of the sun in the sky and the ocean. The blue ocean's waves were crashing against the cliffs as the beautiful birds joyfully fly around in circles in the air. As they walk along, they saw gorgeous, shiny shells that have been washed into the shore by the rippling of the water.

"Wow, these are so beautiful." She cooed, looking at them as they pass by. "They are." She smiled and took pictures of them. "Here, please take a picture of me." She passed him her phone and posed in front of the camera. He took a few pictures of her before she collected the phone and they took some selfies together.

It was a happy moment for them.
She removed her shoes and held it, then looked at Maheer who was also looking at her with an amusing look. Her eyelid fluttered close as she breathes in the briny aroma, the wind whipped around her, carrying the unmistakable aroma of salt which she enjoys. Scrunching her toes, she feels the softness of the sand, still damp from the retreating tide. She wiggles as a shiver cascades down her spine. "Come in its fun," she said laughing. He stared at her and smiled. "No, just have fun." He brought his phone out, and started filming her.

The moment the cool water lapped at her feet, fizzing and bubbling, she let out a smile and shivered as the wind caressed her face. "No maheer, you have to join me. Come on.." she said and held his coat. "Come on..come on..come on now,"

"Okay..okay." He chuckled and she removed her grip on his coat. She turned her phone and took a video of him as he bends to remove his shoe. "Mahir."
"Uhmm." He answered and looked up. She positioned the phone in front of them and took a selfie. She took a couple and looked at them. "Wow, look here. - she pointed, "I look great here." She zoomed the picture. "This is not how it done sweetheart. You are supposed to comment on how good this one here looks." He pointed at himself smirking. She chuckled and shook her head, "Nahh. That is how it is done."

He held his shoe in his hands and dipped his feet into the water. "Damn it's cold." He shivered. "That, it is."

The waves ahead roar and roll down, crashing onto the shore with a soft hiss; peeling away at the deep bronze sand beneath their feet. After some minutes, they got out of the water, and put their shoes back on.

They walked around the beach conversing. "Here." Mahir had said and grabbed asma hand when he noticed how she was shivering and running her hands down her forearms. He put both their hands inside his coat pocket and looked ahead.

Asma's eyes twinkled as she looked up at him with adoration. She felt an emotion that was indescribable rush to her. She didn't even realize that she was staring at him until he turned and smiled softly at her. She blushed slightly and looked away.

They had fun and at exactly 3:35pm, they left for their hotel.