Chapter eight

Alhaji Abdallah Barkindo and his family were all sited on the dinning table having dinner .

"So Halima what do you think about your daughter in law" Alhaji Abdallah asked as he took a sip of his orange juice.

"Okay, she was okay" she simply said ,but don't you think Maher should see her first,I don't think it's a good idea to get him married to the girl he doesn't even know" she said looking from her husband to Maheer.

"Maheer is okay with this alliance and about meeting her it's not a big deal,fix a date and then go and meet her" Alhaji Abdallah spoke looking at Maheer who nods his head.

"Wallahi Yaa Maheer ,she's very beautiful masha Allah ,I can't wait for her to be my sister in law" fatima zara beamed .

He smile and then looked at his father ,"is it okay if I go see her tomorrow" he asked .

"Masha Allah ,I will talk to her father first ,you know matar taka to be is a busy woman" his father said happy that his son is happy with the alliance.

He smile saying okay while his mother just kept quite as she ate her food.

The next Day

Asma walked into the house looking simple yet beautiful in a simple Ankara kaftan with a veil draped on her head and has her bag and lap coat on her left hand .she was called by her father to come back home because her fiancé is her to see her .

She walked straight to the Quest parlor.

"Aslamu alaikum" she greeted as she walked into the living room .

"Waalaikum salam" her father and him answered.

Maheer looked handsome clad in a sky blue kaftan with a matching cap.

"Maheer meet Asma my daughter" her father introduced as he looked up at Asma.

To say he was shocked will be an understatement,he just stare at her without saying anything ,her uncle excused himself while she was feeling shy at the same time uninterested ,she was doing this for her uncle and no one else.

"Ina wuni" she greeted playing with he fingers but he didn't reply he was just too shock to utter a word ,she was starting to get annoyed so she excused her self saying she will go drop off her lap coat and bring some refreshment.

Mammy and Yasmin were both sited in the living room downstairs when she came in.

She greeted mammy when Yasmin asked her .

"Asma i heard your fiancé is here,what does he look like ? Is he handsome?" She asked while mammy threw a pillow at her hitting her face .

"Ina ruwanki dayanda yake, are you the one marrying him" mammy eyed her while Asma smile at their little banter .

"He's in the guest parlor go see for your self" Asma said and Yasmin quickly stood up taking her head tie.

While asma dropped her lap coat on the couch and went to the kitchen to get some refreshments.

"Aslamu alaikum" Yasmin said as she walked into the living room .

And the person she saw made her heart skip a beat ,he looked scary with his eyes red as bloodshot ,he was like what the hell is going on here.she lied to him,she deceived him.

He stood up looking dangerously at yasmin ,while she felt bad for lying to him,"Why did you deceive me ,why did you lie to me ,why you could have just told me you are not interested but Why ?" He yelled at her as he felt his head aching him like crazy ,it felt as if a hammer is hitting the head.

"Maheer.....I..I.can explain,wait...please I..can explain " she stammered  ,he quickly walked out banging the door in the process with out even sparing her a glance,tears roll down her cheeks,she quickly wipe it as Asma walked in with a tray.

"Where is he ?" Asma asked looking at where he sat earlier and then at yasmin ,she just glare at her before walking out of the living room leaving a shocked Asma.

She went back to the house where she found mammy in the exact place she left her .

"Why are you back so early,where is he?" Mammy asked

"I don't know ,ya tafi,maybe he left in a hurry"

"Maybe ankira shi emergency ne or something came up" mammy said and she nod her head taking the refreshments back to the kitchen and then went upstairs to her room.

She laid down on her bed thinking about how her life is going to change in two months time and so on .

A knock on the door was what made her look up ,telling the person to come in.

Her uncle walked in and she quickly sat up ,he smile at her sitting beside her .

"What are you doing ?" He asked taking her hand in his .

"Am just resting,am tired" she said smiling .

"What do you think about Maheer,like how do you feel" he asks looking at her .

"I think he's okay" she said and he smile.

"I think he's the right guy for you ,his dad is my closest friend and has the kindest heart ,and his son took after him ,am sure he will take very good care of you insha Allah" he said still looking at her to see her expression but her head was ducked down .

"If you have any objection my dear feel free and tell me ,you are my favorite daughter and I don't want you to feel pressurized in doing what you don't what" he pat her back and  she look up at him.

"I know your choice is always the right and the best choice and I don't feel pressurized Baba,am okay" she said

He smile at her and they talked for a while before he left to pray Magrib and she did the same .

Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
&
Share