Chapter Ten

Chapter ten

Asma woke up Early in the morning around 5:00am ,she prayed subh and picked up the holy book and started reading her favorite surah,
"Al baqara" it was already 7:00 when she finished reading. She stood up and walked to her bathroom all this while thinking about how her life will change in a few hours .

By the time she came out it was 7:30 and all people in the house were already awake going up and down getting everything ready before the daurin aure which will take place by 1 after jumaat prayer .

She wore a black bathrobe as Mammy came in with a maid beside her holding a tray of her breakfast .

"Ina kwana mammy" she greeted

"Ina gajiya my girl antashi lafiya" she asked and she smile.

"My Asma anzama big girl masha Allah" she said

"Now have your breakfast before Mamza comes"
Mammy said and she replied with okay as the maid kept the tray in front of her on the bed .

It was fries with egg sauce and a bowl of pepper soup beside it and a hot cup of coffee then two cup of water and tsumi.

"Must I take this today too Mammy" she asked scrunching her face.

"Yes my dear so hurry up and gulp it down in front of me before you even start eating" mammy said .

She sighed picking it up ,she gulped down the content of the cup and then passed the cup to mammy who smiled saying good girl .she picked the cup of water drinking half of it to get rid of the bad taste of tsumi from her tongue.

"Now hurry up and eat am sure mamza will soon be here" she said as the girls walked in ,they greeted mammy while she left the room for them.

They kept teasing her while she ignored them as she ate her breakfast. Mamza arrived shortly after. They exchanged pleasantries then she started her magic on Asma's face .

They finished after two hours and Asma got dressed in a beautiful purple and peach ankara which was beautifully designed.

🥀

"Officially Mrs Maheer barkindo" A text popped up on her screen from an unknown number .

Her heart  suddenly became heavy as she started feeling hot all of the sudden .

Before you knew it the house was filled with noise of people yodelling as the news of the marriage been official reached them.

The bride was sitted in her mammy's room with her cousins,best friends and Aunties .They were giving her lectures about married life and her head was bowed down tears brimming out of her eyes after about 2hours of that,she was asked to get her ready cause she will be taken to her husband's house .

••••

It was 7:00pm , time for the conveyance of bride. Asma was beautifully dressed in a cream lafaya with flower prints on it,which was her mother's. She looked beautiful.

She was currently in the very big living room with many elders lecturing her.

After hours, she was taken out of the house. She hugged Mammy who hugged her back caressing her as she whispers soothing words into her ears at the same time advicing her on many things.

Cars were already waiting for them that were sent by her in laws. They got in and left for her in-laws house.

Upon their arrival, she was led into the main house where the groom's family were waiting.

She sat down as her Aunties went through the formalities of handing over the gara (foodstuffs gifted by the brides family to the groom's).

After the presentation of the gara, she was brought forward for the formal budan kai. She kneeled in front of her mother inlaw.

her mother in law Hajiya Halima reached out for Asma's hand "Our Asma . MashaAllah! Our son is not the only one blessed by this marriage" she said trying her best to pretend to love her. She felt a cloud of tears form in her eyes.The prayer was made and she was taken to her matrimonial house .

It was a simple yet beautiful duplex house with three bedrooms ,two living room,kitchen,store and a dining room,with a mini garden behind the house .it was right beside her in laws house in other words they are neighbors.

Hello guys
How was the chapter
Our Dr Asma is officially Mrs Maheer barkindo.

Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
&
Share