Chapter three

Good morning Baba,morning mammy she greeted as she walked into the dinning room smiling ,she looked beautiful dressed in an orange and blue ankara gown and a blue veil draped over her head,blue bag and her iPhone X in her left hand .

"Morning Dr Asma"they both stated smiling

"Morning Khalifa ,Yasmin" she said sitting beside khalifa.

"Morning" They smile back .

"Here is your fork" khalifa said as he serve them their food in one plate because that's how they have been since when they were small, they did almost everything together .

"Thank you"she smile as they eat their fried yam with egg sauce and a hot cup of tea.

they speak about random things with khalifa as they eat their breakfast.

After breakfast she picked her bag bid them goodbye and left .

She drove straight to the hospital.

💦

Knock knock

Dr Asma was busy in her office going through some patients chart when she heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in" she said without looking up.

Dr hanan came in with a smile on her face.

"Aslamualaikum beautiful" she greeted

"Waalaikum salam Hanan" she greeted her looking at her suspiciously.

"Since when did you start knocking when coming into my office" Asma asked

"Since now" she answered smiling and Asma shook her head turning her attention back to what she was doing.

"Tell me is something wrong with your head ,do you want me to check it for you" she asked still looking at the charts in front of her.

She sat in front if her desk smiling ,they gisted as she did her work and went to get lunch,after eating they both went for their last round before leaving for the day.

💦

Asma walked into their house looking very tired and exhausted,there was no one in the living room downstairs so she went straight upstairs and that's where she found mammy,Yasmin and khalifa,watching a program .

"Ina wuni mammy" she greeted flopping down on the couch where khalifa was sited ,as she laid down her head on his laps.

"Ina gajiya my Doctor,ya gajiya" she asked smiling.

"Wallahi mammy gajiya gashinan,am very tired"she stated closing her eyes.

"Let me go get you a hot cup of coffee but before that you should go freshen up" khalifa said.

"Am too tired to do that wallahi" she said ,"just go get me the coffee"she added

"Okay mi lady" he said and gently raise her head up as he walked into the kitchen net upstairs.

"Where is baba,I saw his car outside" she asked looking at mammy.

"He's downstairs in his living room with His friend"Yasmin answered busy with her phone as always.

"Ohhh Okay" she said .

"I think I should really go freshen up" she said as she rushed to her room ,she freshen up and changed in a simple green maxi dress,she put on a black cap and then left the room .

Khalifa has already served them their tea so she sat beside him as they quietly drink their tea.

"Aslamu alaikum" their father greeted as he came into the living room.

"Waalaikum salam" they all answered turning their attention to him.

"Toh abin haka yake ,having a family time without me" he stated feigning hurt.

"That's it baba you know we wouldn't do that without you ,we were just having coffee and you have a guest that's why" Asma explained .

"Tahm shikenan,Asma get your veil my guest has been having this severe headache since he came,please come check him maybe it's low BP" her father said .

"Okay baba" she said as she walked to her room and got a black veil ,she quickly trailed after him to his living room.

A handsome elderly man in his late 50s was sited on the one seater in their living room,he didn't notice their presence because his eyes were closed and was massaging his temple.

"Ina wuni" she greeted squating.

"Ina gajiya" he answered now looking at her ,

"Ya kike,ke ce Doctor in" he asked amazed at how young ,calm she is.

"Yes" she said smiling her head down

"Yaya sunanki" he asked and she replied with Asma,Dr Asma.

"Masha Allah" he said .

"Baba said you have been suffering from severe headache" she stated

"Yes ,I haven't been to the hospital for my regular check up ,I missed it twice because of work I think that's why" he explained

"Ohhh Allah sarki, let me see" she said

After examining him,she prescribed some medicine for him and asked him to stop skipping his meal because of work and not to over stress himself.

"Allah ya kara sauki" she said

"Ameen ameen thank you" he said and she smile walking out of the living and straight upstairs.

"Who is that" Alhaji Abdallah barkindo asked as soon as she left the living room,he was just amazed ,I have found the perfect wife for my son he thought.

"That's Asma, my late brother's daughter,she's an orphan they both died in a car accident when she was 6 years old,and ever since she has been living with us ,she like my own daughter I love her so much ,wallahi i love her more than my own children,she's an amana given to me" he stated in a sad tone

"Allah sarki,insha Allah they are in a better place ,and look you take very good care of her nobody will say shes not your daughter" he said

"And Ibrahim I think I have found the perfect match for my son ,she's so calm ,gentle masha Allah,I like her" he said

"What you mean you want Asma to get married to your son" he asked

"Yes ,that's what I mean ,I know Asma is the type of girl that deserves a very good man,who will takes care of her and not someone like Maheer,but I think she's the girl that will guide him to the right path,she's just different,that's why I Abdallah is asking for your daughter's hand in marriage today if you don't mind please" he spoke

"Wannan gaskiya ne, Abdallah you know you I can't say no to you but this is not a decision for me to make ,like I said Asma is an amana to me ,I will explain everything to her and ask for her permission if she agrees to marry him then I have no problem with that" he said

Alhaji Abdallah nod his head "Okay Hakan ma yayi sosai Allah ya bar zumunchi" he said and he nod his head and they continued chatting talking mostly about politics.

So how was the chapter?
Please do
vote,
comment and
share

🙏🏽❤️