Chapter five

It's a Friday evening, the family of Alhaji Ibrahim has just finished dinner when He asked to speak with Asma.

"What's wrong?" Khalifa asked

"I don't know" she mouthed.

"Let's talk later," she said and he nods his head.

She made her way upstairs to his room.sheknocked and was asked to come in.

She entered with a salam and they both answered, Mammy was sited on the bed while he was sitting on the clinch in the room.

"Come have a seat here my dear," he said patting the space beside him.

Smiling she walked over and sat beside him.

He smiled taking her hands into his and she smiled back nervously.

"Asma you are an Amana given to me and you know I will never hurt you intentionally or unintentionally" he started and she looked at him lost, where is this coming from She thought.

"Off course baba, you are the best father one could ever ask for," she said.

He smiled "Allah ya jikan Muhammad da Nafisa they would have been very happy to see you grow up like this, such a sweet, lovingly beautiful girl, to see that you are now a doctor, Allah ya Jiangsu da Rahama" he prayed

"Ameen thumma Ameen both her and mammy answered.

"Tahm the reason why I called you is that we have got a wedding proposal for you," he said and she quickly lookup and then looked down immediately.

"Do you remember my friend, whom you treated a three days ago, Alhaji Abdallah?" he asked.

"Yes, baba" she answered.

"He is impressed with you and wants you and his son to get married, though his son has many flaws" he stated.

"It's not l don't like you and am getting you married because am tired of you, no that's not it, wallahi I will never get you married without your consent, if you agree then Alhamdullilah and if you don't wallahi nobody will marry you off," he said and but her head was still down not saying anything.

"His son is a player I won't hide that from you, yes he does say his five daily prayers and is a Quran Hafiz but still he has many flaws, his father believes you would be the only one to make him walk on the right path again, we are not forcing you Asma you have as many days you want to think about it, perform istikara and let me know of your answer" he stated

"Baba I know you will never hurt me and I know you would never choose something that's not good for me," she said

"I agree to this alliance," she said playing with her fingers.

"No habibty, you should go and think about it first, perform istikara and then decide" mammy spoke for the first time.

"There's no need to do that Mammy, I agree because your choice is my choice too," she said.

Both Alhaji and Hajiya looked at each other, she never says no to what they say no matter what and that's why they love her so much even more than their children.

"Tahm  Allah ya Sanya Alkhairi, I will tell Alhaji about the good news but still you should perform istikara," he said patting her shoulder.

"Ameen and I would do so Insha Allah," she said.

"Allah ya Miki Albarka" they prayed.

"Ameen Ameen, sai da safe," she said and then replied with Allah ya tashe mu Lafiya.

💦

"Aslamu alaikum" Maheer greeted as he walked into the living room, where his father was sited on a two-seater, a mug of steaming coffee and a newspaper on his laps.

"Waalaikum salam" he answered his eyes still glued to his newspaper as he sipped his coffee.

"Daddy you asked for me," he said sitting on the floor.

"Uggghhh" Alhaji sighed putting down the newspaper and the mug turning his attention to maheer.

"Maheer" he called.

"Naam" he answered

"I know you are a very obedient and will not never disappoint me"

" I want you to marry my friend's daughter," he said causing Maheer to quickly look up at his father.

"Do you know my friend chief engineer Ibrahim Kayri" he asked

"Yes Daddy".he replied excited just thinking about his Dr. Asma aka Yasmin

"Masha Allah," he said.

"I want you to get married to his First daughter" he stated

"No problem Daddy, I will marry her, if that will make you happy," he said trying not to sound too excited.

"Are you serious maheer?" His father asked shocked, the boy who is always saying no to his is the one that agrees to what he said in one go.

"Yes Daddy am serious, I will marry her if you like I can even marry her tomorrow" he smiled

His father laugh, he was very happy, Masha Allah he smiled.

"What's her name Daddy," he asked feigning ignorance.

"Asma, Dr. Asma, she's a doctor, very nice, calm, obedient girl" he smiled.

"Allah ya Sanya Alkhairi" Alhaji Abdallah prayed

"Ameen Ameen" he answered smiling.

Ammi walked in with a saucer containing fruits on it.

Maheer stood up and leaving the living room immediately with a smile plastered on his face.

"Sannu Ammi" he smiled.

"Sannu babana" she smiled back watching his back as he walked out of the living room.

"Come sit here Halima"Alhaji Abdallah rejoiced.

"What happened Alhaji you look very happy" she smiles sitting beside him.

"Your son has surprised you" he smirked

"What happened ?" She asked

"He has approved of the relationship, she agreed to get married" he beamed.

"What, how come ?" She asked

"I know maheer, he has never seen her, he doesn't know her, I know his taste he's a high-class boy, I know him, so how comes" she inquired.

"I don't know, the only thing I know is that maheer is happy about this relationship," he said

And she sighed,

"Here have some," she said giving him the saucer before ambling out to Maheer's room.

"What happened maheer, is what your father said the truth ?" She asked

"Yes Ammi" he answered

"How comes," she asked again

"I just agreed to it Ammi because that's what Daddy wants, I want to make him happy even if it's just once and did you see that, he looked very happy, he is always complaining about me, I have been failing my MBA, I want to make him proud that's why I agreed" he half lied, not telling them that he's actually in love with the girl (or rather the wrong girl 😉)

"But am sure you are not happy with it, you are doing this because your father wants you to" she started but he cuts her off

"That's not it Ammi, please just give me your blessings," he said taking her hand into his.

She looked at him for a few seconds before smiling "my blessings are always with you my child, Allah yayi Albarka ya Kuma Sanya Alkhairi" She prayed hugging him .

"Ameen thumma Ameen" he smiled hugging her back

Hello guys