28. Sugar Work

It's D-day and I am excited, stressed, scared but excited. I still feel a bit of anxiety but nothing like what I've experienced these last few weeks. Jackson has been in touch and all is going as planned. The exhibition centre is ready, Sangook has many contacts and managed to get caterers sorted last minute.The pictures are up, the lighting is great. This was something that Sangook wanted me to do anyway but maybe in a few months time. Nonetheless, he has agreed that I have enough material of a high standard to exhibit. This is only gonna be my work, it's a big deal and who better to share it with and dedicate it to than the man I love.

Everything is set and I now just have time to go home and get ready. Once I pass the front door, I see all Bangtan boys except Kookie, looking dashing, keeping busy in the kitchen.

Y: Are you guys going out? I didn't realise you had an event scheduled.

JM: It's a last minute thing. PD-Nim called and asked us to attend...

NJ: Yeah, last minute, he interrupts. Just waiting for Cinderella.

JKK: I'm ready! He shouts coming down the stairs, jumping the last four steps. What are you doing here?

Y: I need to get ready.

JKK: Hurry up or you're gonna be late to your own exhibition, he says grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me sillily.

Y: Alright, alright! You guys have fun okay. Don't bring Cinderella home too late.

NJ: Don't worry. Have fun too.

As I get ready, I'm feeling more and more excited. I've opted for a light grey dress I bought during my trip and my short leather jacket. I feel comfortable in that attire.

Jumping in my Uber, I start to feel anxious

Jumping in my Uber, I start to feel anxious. I know I aimed to do this for Jay but I'm gonna show off my work too... Breathe Yujin... Breathe... I don't know if I can do this. I need to FaceTime Kookie.

JKK: Hey Tattooed girl!

Y: Hey T-shirt boy, I say sheepishly.

Just this greeting and seeing his face, I feel much better.

JKK: What's up?

Y: I need your pep talk. I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if my work is good enough.

JKK: Did you put your heart and soul in this?

Y: Yes.

JKK: Did Sangook tell you it was a bad idea?

Y: No.

JKK: Do you see where I'm going?

Y: Yes, thank you Kookie, I chuckle. I feel so much better now. Have fun at your event.

JKK: Thanks, see you tonight.

Arriving at the centre, I see people have started to arrive even though I'm not late. Sangook welcomes me with excitement and pride written all over his face. I come in and seeing the results of the hard work we put in the last couple of days, I feel amazing. I walk in further to look at all the panels and find a familiar silhouette.