14. Burgers

Okay, first stop L.A.. We have a photoshoot with a Chinese musician. I looked him up and he was in Exo or is in Exo with Sehun, but he also has a solo career like Jackson does. The shoot is on the beach, in the early evening, so that we can catch some good natural light. There are quite a few tents set up for makeup, wardrobe, catering, etc... A handful of models are there, gorgeous black hair, Caucasian beach babes, wearing very, very tiny bikinis. It's still hot outside, but there is a breeze which is more than welcome. I look around and realise how much I miss the sea. I've been so busy with life, I haven't taken time off and haven't been to the beach for at least the last five years, so I'm excited with the list of locations we are going to.

Out of my thoughts and back on the job, I see that Sangook doesn't look happy. He speaks to the person in charge of the shoot, John, and after a while they finally start. The artist, Lay, is extremely handsome, and by that I mean he's my type, no need to deny the obvious. He's wearing lose cream linen trousers and an opened white shirt over his bare chest, which I believe has been oiled to achieve a faint sheen for maximum sexy effect. Hi hair is wet, as if he'd been out of the water for five minutes and he's wearing a little make up, probably foundation. In any case, the overall look is achieved, I am the proof of it as I can feel heat rising the more I look at him. I really want to look at the whole thing with a professional eye, but he's just too gorgeous and I find it hard to focus. He seems very professional and looks very concentrated. Standing on the sand facing away from the sea and a model behind him, her hair swept to the side, he holds her hands on his chest. She seems crooked, leaning forward.

SG: No, no, I'm sorry she's too tall. Come on John, you can see it too, right?

John: I know, I know, I'm sorry. We didn't think about it.

Sangook looks around, goes to Lay and the three of them start to discuss. The set is silent as we are all waiting for instructions, when I see Lay pointing at me. I assume they will need some support. Sangook signs for me to join them and I oblige. I am now standing next to Lay. Sangook and John look at the both of us, nodding and smiling.

Y: What?

SG: I know what you are gonna say, but please consider this as a learning experience to better understand your subject.

Y: Sangook, just tell me what's going on.

SG: Well, all the models that have been hired are too tall, not that Lay is short but we have been dealing with a model agency for giants I guess, he glares at John. We need you to be the model for Lay's shoot.

I look at the three of them and can't help but laugh my head off. I suddenly stop, when I see that I'm the only one laughing.

Y: Oh my god, you're serious. No, no, I'm not a model.

SG: You are not, but you have great features and style. Those tattoos of yours will make a great punch to the pictures and to be honest you are the right height.

I then look at Lay's shoulder height compared to mine, compared to all the other giant models. I am defeated and I can't say no, he's my boss.

Y: Okay, fine, what do I need to do?

John: MAKE-UP!

After sitting in a chair for way too long, I am finally ready.

Y:  Are my clothes okay? I ask looking at my low waist baggy trousers and bikini top.