13. French pastries

Y: Hi Jackson. Yes, I am well, thanks.

JK: I'm sorry. Hi Yujin. How are you? He asks quietly.

Y: I'm good, how are you?

JK: I'm fine, he says while lying down on his bed, moaning softly.

My god, just that faint noise makes me shiver.

Y: I was at my brother's to celebrate my results and I have other news too.

JK: Listen I wanted to talk... you know... talk about us, he interrupts.

Y: I know, but what I'm about to say might affect what you want to talk about.

JK: Okay, shoot, he says with confusion written all over his face.

Y: I started my new job yesterday and I gave a good impression. Sangook wants me to go with him on a series of international shoots. I'll be gone for four weeks.

JK: Oh, he pauses. When? I mean that's great news Yujin, I'm very happy for you, he says with a kind smile, but I can tell his mind is all over the place.

Y: I leave on Saturday.

JK: We come back on Saturday.

Y: I know. Your flight lands around noon and I leave at 6pm.

JK: Okay. So what does that mean for us?

Y: Jack, I don't know what kind of "us" you're talking about. You still haven't told me how you feel.

JK: I... Well... You know...

Y: Why is it so hard for you? Please explain, I say sighing. Don't worry about hurting my feelings because right now, I just am angry and fed up, and I want to put an end to these feelings. I can't stand feeling like this about you.

JK: I really like you, you're on my mind all the time. I'm not myself thinking you're mad at me and the others have noticed. I just don't think I'm in a place right now where this can be any more than it is.

Y: Okay so to be clear, what is this? Are we just friends, friends with benefits? Are we even friends at all?

JK: Of course we're friends. I care about you. Don't you care about me?

Y: I do! I hurry. Jack, the first time I saw you, I felt something. We slept in the same bed for a week and then that night. It was amazing, but you didn't talk about it. As if you were ashamed and regretted it. How do you think that made me feel? Then you got jealous? This is a mess and it needs clearing up. So, given the situation, I think that for now, we should be friends. Back to scratch. Clean slate. When I come back we should see how things go and take it from there.

JK: Okay, but I don't want you to go.

Y: This is the opportunity of a lifetime, I'm not gonna drop it for us. If we were a steady couple, I might do, but I would expect you to be supportive and push me to go.

JK: You're right, you should go. I'm being selfish, I just miss you and I can't sleep without you next to me at the moment. I'm gonna come back and you're gonna leave and that sucks.

Y: It's only four weeks. I have to go to bed Jackson. Do you mind telling the others about my trip please?

JK: Sure.

Y: I'm gonna be busy tomorrow. I'll see you on Saturday?

JK: See you Saturday. Have a good night sleep. Love you.

And with that he stops the call. "Love you"? What the fuck man? What is it with these boys dropping bomb shells like that. He probably didn't mean it. If he did, he would have said it when I asked him how he felt about us! Oh god. I need some sleep.