CHAPTER 14: Raiden

Frankie looked amazing. I was speechless and felt a bit more excited to be honest after seeing her looking as amazing as she did with her hair up in and loose curled hair hanging down on the sides of her face, while wearing a black strapless cocktail dress that was a little above her knees and her legs that I would love to have wrapped around my waist as I....

"Raiden?" I heard her say my name as it also snapped me out of the images I was creating in my mind at the moment. 

"Sorry. You just look amazing." I smile at her and greet her with a kiss on the side of her face. 

"Thank you. So do you." She smiled back at me. 

We next began walking towards the car and I opened up the back passenger door and had her get inside before closing the door then getting in on the other side before having Markus start to drive us towards the location I had all set up for us.

I thought it was sweet and cute at how nervous she seemed to be as I noticed her fidgeting a little bit with her hands in her lap. 

"I'm glad you finally agreed to give me another chance." I mention to break the awkward silence. 

"Yes well, I have thought about what happened that night and realized that maybe you had a good reason. I've moved on from it though and besides, in a way I felt there was no way you'd accept me turning you down." She smiled at me. 

"Very true." I smiled in return. "Well, I hope you're hungry." I tell her. 

"I am actually." She smiles some more. 

"Good." I winked at her. 

It didn't take too much longer before we pulled up to the side of the grassy area of the park where I made sure we had privacy at and after I opened her door and held out my hand for her to get out, she took it then noticed straight ahead where we were eating and could tell she was surprised and yet happy by the way she blushed and the big smile she had displayed across her face. 

We then began making our way towards the small round table I had set up with candlelight in the middle of the table to make it more intimate as well as some wine and the cook I had make the food, set down both of our plates at where we would be sitting down at before walking away-just on time. 

I pulled out a chair for her before sitting across from her.

"Oh my god, this smells and looks amazing." She comments as she takes a good smell from the food.

"I hired the best chef." I mention.

"And how did you get them to close off this part of the park?" She asks.

"I have connections." I winked and smiled in reply.

"About that. Are you an architect or something?" She asks.

"No. I just invest in businesses. My father started his own company when he was in his early twenties and built an empire throughout the years until it was finally time for him to retire." I began telling her.

Then I stopped and thought about how it would be a better idea to try and change the subject since I didn't want to open old wounds and get all into what I really do for a living.

"But anyways, how's the food?" I ask her.

"It's really delicious. Compliments to the chef for sure." She tells me.

Next I poured her and I some wine and we toasted to the date going well and then took a drink.

Once we began to eat and get more comfortable with each other, we spent the rest of dinner and even dessert that I had the chef bring us at the end of the meal, talking and getting to know each other.

We were finding things out about one another and found out we had several things in common. Overall, things seemed to be going really good and honestly, better than I thought.

There was a nice little breeze tonight and the stars along with the light from the moon shining down over us, made it almost picture perfect.

There was the side of the park that the edge went right along the edge of a long sidewalk that touched the rocks that led down towards the water of the bay. So we went walking along the sidewalk and it was nice.

"So what made you want to become a barber?" I ask to try and continue our conversation so there's no awkward moment of silence between us.

"Well, I did get my cosmetology license and then ended up enjoying more of doing barbering so I went to school for that and now here I am." She smiles.

"What did your parents think?" I ask.

That's when things got a little awkward and she became quiet. Oh shit, I can tell that wasn't a good thing to bring up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." I start to apologize.

"It's okay. You didn't know. Besides there's not much to tell really. My mother died when I was really little and fairly recent, my father died in a car wreck." She says.

Wow. I feel like shit having to have brought that up.

"I'm sorry." I tell her.

"It happens right?" She mentions.

We share a moment of silence as I try and think of something to say and change the subject but thankfully, I didn't have to because luckily, somebody across the way were lighting up some fireworks and we instantly became distracted by them.

We stood there for a while standing and watching the fireworks go off and during the middle of them, I turn to look at Frankie and don't know what made me do it but I turned her head to look at me and slowly leaned in and began to give her a passionate long kiss.

I waited for her to slap me or push me away but she didn't. Instead, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)