CHAPTER 4: Raiden

Last night I had a meeting with the new owner of a casino. I was glad because he needed to sign some things that I do with all new business owners since they have to go through me anyways in order to open a business here in town since I own most of it. This way if he needs my help financially or with the business in general, even 'protection' he'd have it. Of course I'd get a percentage.

This guy's name was Wilton Healey and he himself was what I liked to call a 'golden boy'. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and only opened up a casino to piss off his parents. He acts bad ass but really isn't and I know mostly wants to try and befriend me or work with me because he is really a scared little man and I suppose wants to take notes or something.

There wasn't much to do today and while I started to look over a few businesses that owed me money still and went over with Markus in getting me a meeting with them, he suddenly looks down at his phone and gets up after closing the laptop.

"What's with you?" I asked.

"I have an appointment I need to get to." He says.

"An appointment?" I asked curiously as I know how much he hates doctor's.

"Yeah. I scheduled an appointment to get a trim and a shave by that Frankie girl." He mentions.

"Why not go to Hayes or somebody else?!" I asked trying to hide the little bit of jealousy I was feeling for no damn reason.

"Because she's the best. I mean, look at what she did on yours." He points out. "Anyways, I've gotta get going because I don't want to be late."

He starts to head out and then it takes me a moment before I begin to stand up and catch up with him.

"Wait up! I need to talk to Hayes about a few things. I'll go with you." I tell him.

"Really?!" He asks me with a cocked eyebrow as if he doesn't believe me.

"Yeah. Why? You want to go alone or something?" I asked.

"Pff, I don't care. But if I didn't know any better I'd say you were really going because you..." He stops himself.

"I what?" I ask with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Never mind. Let's just hurry and get going." He says.

So we get in the car and begin making our way towards the barbershop. When we arrive and head in, I see that Hayes is at the front reception desk and just gets done ringing somebody up then see's us.

"Hey guys!" He greets us with a smile.

"Hey!" We nod and greet him back before giving him a bro hug.

"What can I do for ya?!" He asks.

"Well you and I have some business to go over with and this guy here has an appointment with Frankie." I tell him.

"Alright. Not a problem, she's just finishing up with a client and will be right with ya." He tells Markus.

"Yeah, no worries." Markus replies then takes a seat in one of the chairs in the waiting area.

"And as for you, she did a great job on ya huh?" Hayes comments.

"Oh yeah. She did alright." I shrugged.

"Alright well please, let's head back into the office." He says and we begin to head towards the back.

Once we got inside and closed the door, he offered me a beer then we sat down amd began talking.

"So what's going on?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure if I can make a payment this month." He states.

"Why's that?" I ask. "I mean, you're more like family to me so I can extend the date. That's not a problem. But I'm curious as to why." I tell him. In which he knows I never do that for anybody and knows also not to tell anybody.

"Honestly I feel embarrassed and have told nobody about this." He begins. "For the last few months, I have had to dip into my retirement funds to stay afloat and to pay you." He admits.

I feel like shit right now knowing that he has been struggling and has had to give me money out of his retirement.

"I thought business was great?" I asked. "I've been sending people in." I mention.

"Yes and business was great. But in the last couple months, I have noticed we have come up short in the register."

"Somebody stealing from you?" I asked while placing down my beer.

"Yes. I don't know why neither and the worst part is I can't even begin to think of who it could be." He admits.

"You trust too much Hayes." I tell him for the hundredth time. "You are way too nice."

"I know. Normally I would have tried to get you the money some other way but, nothing I own is worth anything." He finishes telling me as he chugs the rest of his beer. "But look, I don't expect you to take it easy on me because you look to me like family. This is business and I know..." He started but I stopped him.

"Stop. Listen to me. Let's take this a month at a time until we figure out what is exactly going on. We won't tell anyone and if you need supplies or anything, I'll cover you. No paying me back and especially won't have to make up for the rent you can't pay me back for already. You helped me out in a few ways also so, think of this as me paying a debt back to you." I smiled at him.

He looked at me for a moment with a blank face and then finally smiled and we laughed a little bit together.

"Thank you." He nods his head.

"Of course." I smiled at him then we leaned in for a bro hug and then I finished up my beer before we headed back out and Markus and I left.

I am going to have cameras installed tonight when they are closed and make it to where nobody knows where they are so that way, everyone can go around doing what they do.

I'll catch the asshole for him and when I catch them, I will make them regret it.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)