Fullmetal Alchemist Musical Rough Tracklist Part 1 Act 2

Note: song titles not final. Some of them I would prefer to change to something better. The order isn't final either.

1. Entracte/Twelfth in Line- Ed, Al, Ling, Lan Fan and Fu. ENTER THE XING SQUAD! Instrumental with dialogue for the fight sequence, with some sung bits for the new characters to establish them. The second half is a solo of sorts for Ling, establishing his background and goals. Upbeat and a touch comedic but still with serious aspects. Think something like My Petersburg from Anastasia. (My ideas are extremely vague at this point so I can only give dumb examples I'm sorry)

2. "Shell of Me"- Solo for Al. This is the song where we really get to see inside what Al is feeling and how being a suit of armor that can't eat, sleep or cry has really affected him. Ballad, quiet but intense. I haven't really figured out what we'd do about Al's suit of armor yet, but I've been thinking that during this song we could have whatever actor is playing Al leave it and appear to the audience for the duration of the song.

3. I want to put a song for May here but I haven't decided what to call it yet.

4. "These Hands"- Winry, Ed, Al, Scar. This is a very sweet, poignant song that's mostly a duet for Winry and Ed. Would probably have some really nice harmonies. I would also have Scar sing a verse at the very end, being moved by the Elrics' compassion and wondering about his own possibilities for redemption.

5. "Death of the Undying"- Lust, Riza, Al, Roy. Pretty self-explanatory. I'm really not sure how much of this would be singing and how much would be sung- but I'd love to have some counterpoint.

6. "To Be King"- Ling, Bradley, Lan Fan. Yes, I know I'm stealing the title from an actual track from the show. This would be a really kickass duet between Ling and Bradley where they sing about their opposing idealogies. I'd love to have Lan Fan come in near the end and do some awesome Lea Salonga-style belty stuff when she's about to cut off her arm.

7. "The Madness of Envy"- Mostly Envy with some Ed and Ling bits. Villain song for Envy detailing his orchestration of the Ishvalan war. I'd love to write something really demented and epic for this scene.

8. "I'll be Back for You"- Solo for Ed (with a couple of Al lines.) This wouldn't be long, but it would be very emotional with lots of belting. This would be when Ed finds Al's in the Portal of Truth. (I almost called this song Wait for Me but then I remembered that Hadestown is a musical that exists)

9. "The Weight I Carry"- Mostly Hohenheim with a couple bits for Ed. Haunting, somber ballad about Hohenheim's survivor's guilt and how much he wishes he could have a normal life with his sons.  

10. "The Ishvalan War of Extermination" - Riza, Ed (spoken only) Roy, Hughes, Kimblee. This is another song that would have to be pretty long, since it would cover a lot. (Kimblee's introduction, all the moments between Roy and Hughes, Roy burning off Riza's scar, and of course some spotlight for the Ishvalans because it wouldn't be right to gloss over their suffering) Think something like Miss Saigon's portrayal of the Fall of Saigon crossed with Drink With Me from Les Mis. Riza would open and close it since she's telling the story to Ed. It would be super cool to have her get up from her seat and don her military coat once the song kicks into gear. I'd love to have it end with her singing to the tune of Brothers where the last line is "War does not determine who is right- only who is left." 

11. "Even Into Hell"- THE ROYAI DUET!!! Oh, I have so many ideas for this song! D minor (my favorite key), intense with some cool choreography. I would love to have them always really close but never quite touching. My favorite idea for this song, and probably this entire project, is for during the bridge they say something  that rhymes with "I love you", and then on the next line it seems like they're about to say it and then the music halts and they stop really close to each other's faces and you can just FEEL THE TENSION AHHH

Anyway, they'd end on an awesome long note posed with Roy about to snap and Riza with her gun aimed.

12. "Pieces"- Solo for Roy. Quietly intense, minor key song that would cover THAT chess board scene. Probably would contain some hints of Rain but not as a full reprise.

Sorry this took me FOREVER to post, I've been busy and unmotivated but I have lots of things I plan to post in the next week!