Random Royai tango drabble I came up with last night

No plot or context whatsoever this is literally just vibes and also probably the closest I'll ever come to writing smut

As some of you probably know I'm playing Morticia in The Addams Family musical at my high school (EEK), so I've been watching a lot of tango videos to prepare for the (iconic) dance with Gomez at the end of the show, and that combined with me reading a bit too much Royai fanfiction caused me to write this...thing. I know very little about the actual mechanics of tango at the moment so if you're looking for accuracy you'll probably be disappointed, but from what I've seen tango is a very improvisation-heavy dance relying on complete trust and chemistry between the partners, so as long as the basic elements are there pretty much anything goes. I apologize if it's a bit... much, what's spicy at 11:30 PM is often absolute clown shoes when you wake up the next day, but hey, cI've read and enjoyed cringier things so I'm gonna stop beating myself up and get to the good stuff.

—————————————

There's something about the way Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye dance together that eludes any technical explanation. Each pull of their arms and twist of their bodies is guided by both a practiced restraint and bracingly intense emotions simmering just beneath the surface, borne of a desperate mutual hunger for closeness. Let me feel your breath trickle down my spine. Let me lose myself in the universe of your eyes. Let me feel as though, just for a moment, we are the only man and woman in the world.

Each brush of Roy's skin against Riza's is infused with reverence and grace, voicing the words of gratitude and appreciation he dare not speak aloud, and each stride of Riza's feet is one of utmost assurance and devotion, both following his lead and guiding his conscience. It is the unmistakable push and pull of two people who move this way for no one else but each other, for whom the dance serves as a metaphor for every other form of intimacy they have shared, and those they long for, but cannot experience.

As she hooks her leg around his waist, Roy's hand traces the outline of her thigh. She swears she hears him make a deliciously low, rumbling sound in his throat, like the gentle roar of a hearth, warming her from the inside out. A smile plays across his face as all of the unadulterated desire he's repressed for ages gathers in his eyes.

Not one to be outdone or undone, Riza sweeps her hand through Roy's slicked-back hair, leaving it perfectly tousled in one smooth movement as he whirls her around. This only seems to embolden him further, as he brings her into a dramatically low dip. Riza knows that if they were alone, if it were within his rights to do so, Roy would be kissing every part of her body he could easily reach, but he instead ghosts his nose over her neck as he brings her back up into his arms, reflecting all of the times he has refused to let her fall.

Their faces are intoxicatingly close to touching, and Riza quickly snaps her head away before they both completely lose control. She does, however, give into the urge to gently caress his face with her hand as she leans into him, returning a measure of the attentiveness he has shown towards her body. His breath catches in his throat, and it feels almost as though there are sparks just underneath the surface of his skin.

Roy responds by showing the depth of his adoration for her in the best way he knows how at this moment, hoisting her into the air, around and around, allowing her to rest on his hip. He has done this many other times, in countless ways, lifting her up, reminding her of her worth, both to the world and to him, inspiring her to keep her eyes on the future and continue to be the best version of herself. Riza prays her face doesn't give away how deeply this gesture effects her.

When he brings her back down to earth, Roy pulls her in close, his hand flush against her chest. As his other hand extends her arm outward, firmly entwining their fingers, she feels his face brush against her hair, and hears his voice, thick and ragged with yearning, whisper two words:  "My queen."

When they finally come to a stop, they are held fast in each other's arms, almost as though their bodies and souls have melted together. It is nearly impossible for them to let go, for they know that though the music is over, their dance will continue for as long as they both live.

————————————

Thanks for reading this strange thing I wrote when I was rly thirsty here's the video that partially inspired it