C H A P T E R 33

OMNISCIENT

Days turned into weeks as weeks turned into months. The falling leaves and crisp autumn air marked the beginnings of fall.

Kia was having a difficult time getting around these days as her pregnancy came to a close. The baby was due next week on October 10th.

She was in pain almost all the time. Her back ached horribly and her feet had swollen so much in recent months that she was forced to give up wearing heels. He hated seeing her in pain like this.

She tossed and turned as they watched an episode of the Stranger things. Cradling her belly, she threw her head back and moaned in frustration.

Dom shifted, turning towards her and settling his hands on the expansive curve of her belly. The impossible miracle thriving inside of her. Their little boy. His Kia. It was surreal. They were going to have an infant in this house in a matter of weeks.

"Can't get comfortable?" Dom prompted as he ran his hands under her shirt to feel the taut skin. His finger rubbed the tiny protruding belly button as Kia sighed.

"Everything hurts, baby." She whined holding back tears

"I got a little something for that." He offered

"Oh, Dom..." she grunted in annoyance. "I'm afraid that's why I'm in this predicament in the first place." She said rolling her eyes as a smile tugged at her mouth

"Not that...here," he said, reaching for her hand as he stood from the couch. He walked towards the bathroom as Kia watched in confusion. A moment later, he reappeared with a small tube in his hands

She raised her eyebrows as he grinned back at her. "Massage oils with essential oils...not only to help relax your muscles but to invigorate the senses."

Kia narrowed her eyes. "Does this massage involve a happy ending?"

"Nah." He answered smoothly. He chuckled watching her smile fade away

As he crossed over to her, he reached for her hands and she allowed him to gently ease them both to the floor in front of the couch.

He opened his legs wide on the floor, motioning for her to sit in front of him. Once she was positioned with her back facing him, he helped her ease off her oversized shirt, revealing only her maternity bra.

Dom moved to squirt a generous amount of the massage oil into his hand before he got to work kneading Kia's lower back, working the tight muscles and knots inch by inch with his thumbs.

Kia moaned, throwing herself back into him. He moved his hands around to the front of the girth of her abdomen.

Gently, he rubbed the lotion across the taut skin, taking extra care as he massaged the front of her belly, feeling the baby kicking in approval from within.

Kia took a deep breath, inhaling the lavender scent as Dom worked out the knots and tension in her body. She felt herself beginning to relax back against him as he smoothed his hands over her belly, making their way upward, gasping as he slipped his hand into her bra, cupping her breast. Her hands gripped the outside of his thighs as she threw her head back.

Next, he began to knead her shoulders before making his way to her neck. She sat in front of him, Indian style, bracing herself on her knees for support as his hands worked out the knots she didn't realize she had.