I Forgive You

A/N Hi I'm alive! I've been writing off and on, just not for Wattpad

"I forgive you," you say, making her look up at you.

"For what?"

"For everything. I've resented you for so long. I blamed you for everything," you say, and she smiles slightly. You can see the pain in her eyes. You can't believe you could have ever held anything against her. None of it was her fault.

"It's okay," she says, still smiling.

"And I'm sorry. I should have been protecting you all along," you tell her.

"Better late than never," she replies. "But promise me one thing," she adds.

"What?"

"Protect yourself now."

You smile and nod. "I promise."

The moment you say that, you wake up with a jolt. You feel disoriented and nearly whack Demi in the head. Luckily, she's already awake and catches your wrist before you slam the back of your hand into her nose.

"Good morning," she says, and you roll over to look at her.

"Good morning. Sorry I tried to kill you."

"Again," she adds, making you laugh slightly. "What were you dreaming about?"

You roll onto your back again and look up at your white ceiling. The patterns are swirling a bit.

"I think I was dreaming about me," you say, and Demi makes a neutral "mmm" noise, indicating she wants you to say more. "I think it was past me."

"Past you?"

"Yeah. I was...forgiving her," you say, and out of the corner of your eye, you can see Demi roll over onto her side and prop her head up on her hand.

"Maybe it was your subconscious telling you to stop shitting on yourself," she replies.

"Yeah. Maybe so," you say, looking to her. You smile slightly, and her face mirrors the action.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Nothing."

"Interesting," she says, letting her head fall back on her pillow again.

"What were you even doing awake?" you question. Now it's your turn to prop your head up and look at her.

"I knew you were going to try to punch me again."

"Very funny."

She looks to you, meeting your eyes. "Don't laugh at me."

"I won't," you promise.

"I had a dream about you. Something bad happened to you, I think."

"Why would I laugh at that?" you ask after a moment.

"It sounded funnier in my head."

"Wow, thanks for that," you laugh.

"You know what I mean!" she groans, and you fall back on your pillow.

"Yeah yeah."

She pauses before asking, "That's weird, isn't it?"

"I guess," you respond, crossing your arms over your chest as you watch the swirly patterns on the ceiling. They're starting to fall still. Your eyes take a while to adjust in the morning.

"Maybe we're like, so connected," she says in her best white girl voice.

You laugh, making her burst into giggles as well. It's pure moments like these that make you realize how much you truly love her.

Her giggles trail off after a moment, and she says, "Just stop being a dick to yourself."

"I'm trying."

"I'll be a dick to you, how about that?" she asks, making you laugh again.

"Sounds like a good deal."

And it is. It really is.

A/N

writing this made me realize how much I miss venting through my writing

it feels really good

and my Demi has become so completely detached from the real person that it's weird

but it's all cool