Do you feel it too?

A/N

This is basically just Waterparks' song "Telephone" put into story form because this song just fucks me up

I know we only just met but why do I feel invested?

Do you feel it too?

I want to ask you all the questions swirling in my mind. We've only just met but I'm already in so deep. I've never felt this way about anyone before, and then you came along.

I knew it couldn't happen. I knew we couldn't be together. But god, you were just so...perfect. I couldn't resist.

"Hey," I said to you while you were doing something on your phone. I surprised you. Your body leaned away from me at first, then you saw me and relaxed.

"Oh, hey," you replied, a smile playing on your full lips.

"Mind if I sit here?" I asked you.

"Go ahead," you said, pulling out the seat beside you for me.

"Thanks," I said, sitting down. Class was about to start, but I didn't care. I don't think you did either.

"I'm Demi," you told me. The perfect name for the perfect person.

Things escalated. You asked me to hang out. I said yes without a second thought. God, it was amazing. You made me blush so much when you told me how pretty I was.

"Hands?" you asked.

"Yeah. If I like them, I like them."

"So basically someone you'd date would have to have hands you liked," you replied, and I nodded.

You smirked as you asked me, "What about mine?" I looked down at your hands; they were quite nice.

"You pass," I said casually, but my cheeks were already flushing.

"What about this side?" you asked, showing me your palm. "They're soft. Try touching."

I looked at you for a moment before touching your hand. You intertwined your fingers with mine. And then you let go.

"Soft," I commented, and you just smiled.

And then two days later, you told me you were going on a date with someone. Someone who wasn't me.

"What should I wear?" you asked me on the phone. It hurt to hear your voice.

"I don't know. You'd look nice in anything."

"You'd look nice in nothing," you replied, and I just froze.

"What?"

"Nothing," you replied, dismissing it. But I heard. Why would you say that? "Anyway, should I get her a gift? It's the first date."

I stared at my computer open in front of me. The screen was blank but I wasn't actually looking at it anyway.

"Yeah. Yeah that'd be nice. It'll let her know you're serious."

"Okay. Thanks for this. I can't really talk to anyone else about this kind of stuff. You're like a real bro. In a good way." You kept talking, but I didn't hear it.

"Sorry, I have to go," I said, and before you could say anything else, I hung up.

You didn't feel it too.

A/N

this is so sad geez I'm sorry