Our Hearts Don't Live In The Same Space

A/N This is different and kinda sad sorry!!

You can't stop thinking about her and that day...

"I'm sorry."

"I thought you loved me." Seeing those tears in her beautiful brown eyes made you feel like someone was stabbing your heart and wrenching it out of your chest.

"I..." You didn't want to hurt her. But you couldn't lie to her either. "I don't. I'm sorry."

"Did you ever love me?" she asked, her voice breaking. Your heart broke with it.

"I just don't love you the way you love me. And I'm so sorry."

"Don't apologize to me," she said, closing her eyes. Tears fell down her cheeks. You wished you didn't have to do it. "Please just..." she trailed off and opened her eyes. "I love you so much. If I can't make you happy, I want you to find someone who can."

You didn't deserve her. You really didn't. She deserved someone who could love her and give her the life she truly deserved.

"I care about you so much, Demi. I just don't want to keep hurting you," you said, your voice softer than you'd wanted it to be.

"I know. I know you care."

You really did. And you still do.

You miss her. She was so beautiful, and she loved you so much. You remember how she would smile whenever you made a stupid joke. You remember how she would always want to talk to you. She would stay up late at night to talk because she just...she just loved you that much.

And you're left here feeling stupid because you couldn't love her back. But you still miss her.

But you hurt her. You didn't want to hurt her, but you did. You didn't know how to tell her that you wanted to make it work but just...couldn't. You loved her as a friend, but you didn't feel that connection. And you handled it so terribly and hurt her.

You can't try to reconnect now; that would be selfish. And she doesn't love you anymore. She can't. And you don't think you could handle her not loving you. What if she hates you for what you did? You didn't mean to, but what's done is done.

But why does it hurt if you don't love her?

You look through her photos that you still have in your phone. You should have deleted them long ago; you know that. But there was a part of you that just...couldn't.

You wonder if she feels the same way. You wonder if she stays awake at night thinking of you. You wonder if she would do things differently if she could; you sure wished you could.

There must be something keeping her in your mind. She's the only person to remain like this. Everyone else would fade away with time—not her.

A part of you realizes that you probably do love her. Maybe you didn't love her the right way before, but you care too much to have no feelings for her.

But what can you do now?

A/N

sorry for a sad one!

this has absolutely nothing to do with my current relationship; I was just thinking about someone I used to know