80 - Unfinished Payment

This didn't upload yesterday I don't know why.

Started Typing On – 23/04/2020

Chapter 80 – Unfinished Payment

On the fourth day of their honeymoon they decided to go boating. So they were. Sitting beside each other, Siya touches the splashing water, the coldness and the freshness of it making her smile.

"It's cold." She says the obvious.

Rohan rolls his eyes, nearly scoffing at her. "I'm sure you're correct." His tone humorous with sarcasm. She ignores his lame reply and gazes out into the big hills. It feels so unnatural to be surrounded by the greens and blue in the middle with a brown boat in the centre of the water.

"Do you ever just want to stand in the middle of the ocean—lake, swimming pool or anything—and hear the water splashing and lifting your body up and down with the waves. And gaze out at the hills or mountains—if there are any—in peace?"

The question distracts Rohan. It was out of the picture, however, when he looks around—he can't think of a better question to ask her either—he exhales. Shrugging he responds, "I can't swim. Not in the ocean at least."

Siya brings her face in his direction and gives a shocking look, "What? You can't swim? Mr Rohan Bhatt cannot swim?" Her voice fruity in jolliness. Eyes smiling and eyebrows wiggling up and down as if asking him something personal.

Rohan's face glows in redness. Surely it wasn't a big deal to not know how to swim. "So what? It's not that important." His horrified answer comes. Siya suppresses a grin.

"Yeah, yeah, forgot. City boy you are." She mocks moving her hand deeper into the water as the old man with hearing difficulties continues boating them ahead. The water had reached up to her wrists, wetting her red wedding bangles. When Siya lifts her hand up into the air the water rolls downwards—the opposite direction—to her elbow.

"You're an idiot." He states seeing her childish act. "You just said the waters cold and then you're—"

He shuts up with Siya's cold and wet hand touching his cheek. "How does it feel?"

She giggles at her childlike act because Rohan jerks her hand away by moving back. Instantly his hand rubs his cheeks to warm them from her brutal cold touch. "Are you crazy? Cold, of course." His cheek was going red.

"Answer the question."

He crushes the sigh underneath his tongue from slipping. "I never thought about it because I never had the time to. But—" he says thoughtfully. "—now that I think about it, it doesn't seem so bad." Siya looks a bit lost. "To think about standing in the middle of the ocean and hear the calmness."

She mutters an 'uhh' in realization. "You can't stand in the water." She injects in a duh tone. Rohan begins to talk—and explain himself—but Siya beats him to it. "Bhai and I use to swim—mostly play—in the river where it was safe for us. I had this friend in NY too. She had a pool in her house so sometimes I'd swim there."

She seems excited to talk about swimming. "Did you take it as a course? For hobby?" Surely she had according to Rohan. Her uplifted vibe said this much.

Siya gives him an uncertain smile. Like she's not following his question enough to answer it. "No. Why'd I take a swimming class?"

She starts wiping her wet hands on her ankle jeans, busy drying her stinging hand indicating towards numbness from the cold water. "Because you like swimming." Rohan says taking out his handkerchief from his pocket and hands it to her.