65- Tick-Tock

Because we've hit 100k reads! Ps, my mum still thinks my readers are wasting their time reading my weird books, lol. (Note the sarcasm)

What a nice way to celebrate 100k reads then a nasty unravel? *laughs*

Started Typing On – 27/03/2020

Chapter 65- Tick-Tock

Two fifteen

The society was celebrating Holi wildly. It was the first time Siya had seen everyone in one place. From every generation people were jumping around like little children and shouting 'happy Holi,' with their hands filled with powdered colour and face and clothes soaked up in different colours.

Siya dodges herself from getting any further colour on herself than she already had and knocks on Saif's door. "Can he even hear me?" Probably not. The chances were low taking in mind the loud music playing. She knocked several times but got no answer.

She wonders if he'd be playing Holi to considering he's Muslim. Maybe a religious one too. After another few knocks Siya decides to gather some of her clothes before trying Saif again. She twists the key into the keyhole with trembling and shaking hand recalling the past. One swift jerk in the hole and she knows all she has to do is push the door open.

Two twenty

Rohan splashes his friend Ajay with colour and pushes the poor guy into the pond in front of Yug's massive house. Laughter ripples around the air with happiness. Neha gathers as much green powder as she can and smashes it onto Rohan's face from the back and giggles when he moves away from her.

"Neha, yaar." He pouts getting a bucket of water and runs behind her with it.

"Neha stop running!" Harsh yells making her stop in her place. "Rohan consider her situation, man." Harsh gives Rohan a warning and knowing look. Rohan lowers the bucket and nods.

"Right." Neha was one month pregnant. Maybe the possessive and sternness runs in the family because Khushi was also on 'chair arrest' by Yug since she's five months along. "But you're not pregnant." As soon as Rohan shouts this with utmost triumph he throws the bucket of full water on Harsh's face.

The scene was priceless. So was Neha's laughter followed by Harsh's 'oh, you did bad Rohan,' before he started chasing Rohan around like a little boy.

Two twenty-one

The first thing she does is open her kitchen window and let the fresh air come in and invade her personal space. She left the house not even twenty-four hours ago and already feels it needs some freshness.

Siya was inside her kitchen drinking water. The coldness of the water tasted so much better than it should have, presuming maybe since she's not had a single drop of water since morning. She wipes the sweat from her forehead due to the sun with her pallu and gulps the remaining water down her dry throat.

Two twenty-five

Rohan dropped Yash carefully on the floor next to his father's leg. "I'll be back." He tells both the father and son but a little more childishly to the little boy before ruffling his dry hair and walking off to look for Siya.

As stupid as it sounds, he hasn't applied any colour on Siya's blushing red cheeks and that's starting to bother him. He wishes he's the first to do it and wish her 'happy Holi.' He gently moves people ahead of him to make his way inside the house thinking she'll be there since he didn't spot her outside in the garden.