38- Lunch-Time Together

Started Typing On – 02/08/2019 (Finished at 9.32 P.M.)

Chapter 38- Lunch-Time Together

Author's Pov:

Rohan-

"So." Rohan clears his throat. He leans back on his chair comfortably stretching his arms and twisting his neck around after working for two hours straight. "All ok?" He asked Payal. He noticed her giving him curious glances.

Her cheeks flushes into the darkest shade of red on being caught. Composing herself before looking him in the eye she exhaled lightly. "Yeah. Yeah. All ok. I'm perfectly fine. Doing great." Payal lets out an awkward chuckle.

It was still hard to process the information in without spitting it out. Siya had said something else last night about Rohan 'friend-zoning' her and straight up this morning Shiv let the cats out of the bag to everyone.

Mary and Payal both felt double-crossed. Not only did they felt horrible knowing their new friend had hid her relationship for so long but also because she told them a complete different story the night before. They all wouldn't have believed anything Shiv and Tara said until Varun confirmed the news with a sad smile.

'Siya wasn't loyal to us. I told her everything about my life.' Mary had said in the morning with a hurt voice. Tara, Neetu and Arushi just had a new 'Hot Office gossip' to spread to the rest of the staff members once they reached Delhi. Vijay felt a bit bad as well since he and Rohan had gotten along since day one but he didn't want to interfere.

And Shiv just didn't know how to react. It partly made sense to him why they'd—Siya and Rohan—hide their relationship, maybe to dodge speculations, however, it didn't mean she couldn't tell least one friend.

"Great." Rohan nodded with an awkward chuckle following suite. He looks across to find Varun's eyes narrowed to slits. Shrugging away his friends angry eyes he brings his eyes back to Payal. Behind her shoulders sat a beautiful big window, giving full view to the rain splashing loudly onto the window. As it dripped down it gave him this fascinating feeling. "The weather's nice." He mumbled, unnoticed by Payal's eyes looking at him weirdly.

"Ew." She doesn't even bother to hide her disgust through her voice or her expressions being pulled up as if she saw someone puke right in front of her. She follows his eyes and then brings them back on Rohan's smiling face. "Who likes the rain?"

"Siya." Varun purposely shouted, though he had no clue if she did. Everyone's eyes went on him, some looked pissed from the sudden tone but once Varun indicated both his fingers on Rohan—Bhatt gave him a confused look—he quickly covered up his stunt by standing up and moving his arms around. "And Rohan. Wow. My Ex-best friend has things in common with Miss Joshi."

Varun thanked everyone mentally for understanding his message—by pointing his finger at Rohan—of the conversation they all had this morning. If everyone had forgotten before, now they were looking at Rohan with different emotions.

Some had this evilness lingering beneath those bores as if they've planned something. Payal just shut her lips with a sign. She was still hurt with the lack of truthful Siya was. I told her about my Shaadi.com profile! So personal and even the fact I stumbled upon her boyfriends Id and she—wait. Why was he on the App if he's with her? IS HE CHEATING ON SIYA?

She flips her head back to Rohan. Her move was so fast, so swift that her hair barely touched his jaw—he sat next to her—but he felt the eye creeping on him. He smiled but she didn't return it. "Rohan." She said with authority. "Can I use your phone? My phones dead and I need to make a cal—"