39- Definitely A Big Mouth

Started Typing On – 04/08/2019

Chapter 39- Definitely A Big Mouth

Author's Pov:

"Why aren't you siting with them?" He casually asks after a nasty silence sat in between them. Siya was sipping on her black strong coffee but stopped midway because of the question. Lifting her lashes she parts her lips to speak but doesn't know what to say.

"I don't know." She looks over her shoulder to find Payal and Neetu watching. Payal goes red getting caught and looks away but Neetu remains keeping the intense eye contact. Siya looks away quickly, not having enough courage to look into those cold eyes. "They just all started ignoring me. One word replies and—I don't know. They're just not talking to me."

Rohan leans a little to his right to get a good look at his friend. Varun was laughing and stuffing his face with food as if they wasn't any tomorrow. Maybe Varun would know. He brings his attention back to Siya to find her enormously sad and quiet. "Siya, about what I said last nig—" he pauses seeing her cheeks going scarlet.

Her eyes lower, those fingers around the cup grips it furiously tight as if it'll pass her some sort of comfort. Rohan finds her going all shy and marshmallow type, all squishy, soft and small. If you poke this marshmallow she'll fall back. I do like her company. Now.

At this point it wasn't about confessing anything to her but rather winning her trust. Her trust was important because then she'd open up. Because then she'd understand his concern about the neighbour. What do I say? And how do I say it? "You w-w-were s-saying?" She stutters, unable to hide her impatient self from jumping out of her voice.

"Uh, umm." Rohan leans back on his chair. Uncomfortable. He felt uncomfortable with the whole situation. He's never done this before. Right leg over the left, he sits. His left hand resting on his jaw, making it look like as if he's thinking which he was but his main aim was to hid his lips from giving away his feelings if she'd reject him. "Do you—you know." He shakes his head, blushing.

Siya frowns. "No. I don't know actually." She leans over to him, her hands crossed and resting on the cold table.

"You know, like, like—have coffee with me when we're in Delhi. I mean, you don't have to but like, you love coffee I think. Black coffee, right?" He blabbered on, trying to hide away his desperate voice. Seeing her eyes pop out he adds, "I mean, I owe you a coffee or tea because I—remember, that day." He points at the sky, thinking it'll help her remember. He leans forward, almost whispering. "You made tea, but I left. Because I thought you had bad intentions of breaking Neha's mar—yeah. That day." His voice lowers at the end in shame.

"Oh." She sits back. The reason Siya remembered that day was partly because of Ravi taking her cup. "Oh, yes. Yeah, yeah, I remember." She mumbled, nodding in recognition.

"So, yes?" It better be a yes or I'm going to murder Varun. "No pressure." He raises his hands in surrender and laughs awkwardly that took Siya by surprise. Rohan looks past her shoulder to find Varun leaning into his own table as if to get a good look at whatever Rohan was saying. Rohan's lips furiously move—not uttering a single word—his eyes murdering Varun and his eyebrows squirming unhappily.

Did he find out about the Shaadi.com profile? Varun gulps his coffee in one go, worried about his wellbeing now. Rubbing his face with his hands, he plasters his features with a smile. Oh lord. I'm dead. Ridhi Ma!

"Umm," Is he going to friend-zone me again? "Would having tea at my house be better? I'm not free on Sunday's because of grocery shopping and rent and things like that." Rohan took pride in making Siya's cheeks go uncontrollably red.