7- Crazy Mother

Started Typing On - 17/04/2019

Chapter 7- Crazy Mother

Author's Pov:

She gets up rushing around her house early morning doing the regular house chores. The best thing about this particular Sunday was the sun. After days, felt like decades for Siya she saw the sun shining through the old curtains in her room, she smiled instantly ready to wash away some more clothes. Seeing the time, she nodded and encouraged herself on finishing up her work before heading out to buy some groceries.

Siya tied up her black hair into a high bun quickly before dropping her scarf on the bed and walking into the small bathroom to wash her clothes. "Why do I have so many clothes?" She wanted to burn all the jeans, shirts and kurta's she had. Cleaning wasn't as bad as it sounded currently seeing how quickly the time was flying and the sun, well, no guarantee how long it'll stay shining upon her.

After a few good minutes of washing her clothes she placed them inside the black bucket and walked to the rope attached from on corner to another, giving her a perfect long space to hang her clothes. It wasn't perfect but sometimes just pretending like our lives are the best can give us little happiness. She starts to hang her clothes onto the rope, first her wet white shirts along with some kurta's and scarfs. Then she went to her jeans when she noticed the same little boy looking at her.

Siya clips the clothes to secure them from any wind coming by before waving her hand at the boy. "Hi." She slightly yells with a kind smile. He again looks around himself making sure if she's talking to him or not. Once being sure the little boy smiles back coming closer to his bedroom window.

"Hi." He whispers in his small boyish voice. He holds onto the edge of the window as if he's trying to balance himself. Siya looks at him, unsure why she's only noticed the boy always alone. He was never out playing like other children around him, nor did she see him with his parents. Always in that room.

She looks around to see if her path is clear and walks up to his window right next to the boy's main door. "Mera naam Siya hai, our aap?" (My name is Siya, and you?) Siya asks with her extra light and soft voice so the little boy would easily start a conversation with her.

Extending her hand for a shake she looks at the boy a little taken back by his confused expression. Does he think I'm a kidnapper? She waited and waited but he kept looking back and forth from her hand to her face looking stunned. Feeling awfully awkward she finally cleared the issues by saying, "I'm not a kidnapper."

Nobody would say this to a child, not when you're talking to a little kid for the first time but Siya usually ends up voicing out her actual thought rather than thinking over it. It slips out of her tongue and she bites onto her red tongue hard seeing the boy moving back a little. I scared him. "I'm not, i-I promise. Look at me, I mean, I don't look like a kidnapper, do I?" She tilts her face a little, seriously worried if she looks like one or not.

The boy runs away from her, into some room and she just stands there dumb folded, astonished. "Am I that scary looking?" She mutters to herself. Siya was on her way back home, right apposite to the boy's house but stops hearing his little feet inching closer to stand on the chair to come to her height. She gasps covering her mouth with her palms. "You didn't call the police did you?" That was the first thought that invaded her brain seeing the small Nokia phone in his hand.

He shakes his head and places a small dairy milk in her open soft palms. She looks down surprised but happy at the same time. "S-S-Saif" He stutters smiling at her. "A-A-Ammi s-s-says t-to g-g-give ch-choc-chocolate t-to fr-fr-friends." He wasn't nervous. Yes, he was but he stuttered too much, she realised he was probably born with it.