34- An Offer

Started Typing On – 17/07/2019

Chapter 34- An Offer

Author's Pov:

They sit across each other with a small brown circular table resting between the two. Two cups of coffees were placed on the surface by a female waiters. Siya's hand automatically go on her lap every second in order to compose herself because of Rohan's constant eye's locked on her own. Her palms go up and down in motion as if straightening her clothes with her eyes on her lap.

"So," he clears his dry throat. They both didn't miss the scratchiness of his throat as he spoke onwards. Leaning closer to the table, his elbows rest on the straight surface. He picks the steaming hot coffee cup, curled around his rough fingers tightly. "Your parents ever going to come and meet you?"

Rohan blows a little at the hot coffee before carefully taken a small sip without burning his tongue. This whole time his honey mixed with coco beans coloured eyes stayed on her. It doesn't go unnoticed by Rohan seeing Siya shuffle unstoppably with a thin line taking over her small face.

If I keep pressing on she'll spill it out. The familiar noise of his cup touching the table makes Siya look up at Rohan. He leans back on his chair, his legs sprung wide open under the table to sit comfortably—it looked as if he owned the place—though he wasn't paying much attention to anything else then her face, Siya felt his leg touching her own.

Not to offend him or make him feel rejected in any way—which she didn't mean to anyways—she moves her chair back a little so their legs weren't touching anymore. "I presume they miss you as much as you miss them." She doesn't reply nor does she look into his questionable eyes.

He starts to intimidate her with his constant tapping on the table. His fingers tapped in sync making an annoying sound. He caught her teeth gritting, her cheek was slightly pulled in indicating she was biting her inner cheek in frustration. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows knit in annoyance. It's working.

The best part was their table was outside the café, hardly any other costumers were around, meaning nobody could tell him to stop tapping—more like pen-tapping but except this was with his finger—unless if it was Siya.

Her fingers go on the edge of the table to prevent herself from lashing out but with every passing minute it got louder. Not only was it annoying to her ears but it made the silence even more deadly and uncomfortable. It felt like she was sitting inside the Police Station while they inquired her. It made her feel like a criminal getting tortured into spilling the truth out.

"Stop it." She gets up from her chair. Her chair makes a screeching scrappy sound only to make Siya more. She could feel the goose bumps erupting in her skin. Her eyes look into his own. Not glaring but bothered expressions. He doesn't hold any guilt of annoying her or any sort of sadness or embarrassment. He looked straight up not worried about anything.

"Ok." His casual voice touches her ear. His hand gestures her to sit back down but she doesn't move. His eyebrow arches at her in question.

"We should go. I have work." She mutters quietly.

"We've paid for the coffee, might as well drink it." As much as he observed her she doesn't like wasting money. He hit the bull's eye because reluctantly she sits down on her chair and starts to drink her coffee.

"I'm guessing you don't have siblings?" She speaks after a comfortable silence. There was no way she'd let her big secret out already. She couldn't tell anyone about running away. Judging was fast. She didn't want that.