f i f t y t w o: Girls Talk Boys

Today was the day. 

The last student council meeting before Prom. I was still riding my high from my win this past Saturday, so my good mood couldn't be penetrated by anything. Not even this stress-inducing meeting. 

Mr. Millard had emailed me my official Cornell acceptance letter, along with my scholarship information. I was beyond ecstatic, as was my mom. I was going to a top-notch Ivy league college at an almost full-ride scholarship? It seemed too good to be true. 

But it is true. And I worked damn hard to earn it. 

Roman came over on Sunday to celebrate, as I called him the minute the email came in. He started whooping and hollering through the speaker, almost breaking my ear-drums. Now it's Wednesday and he wouldn't stop calling me his "college girl" since that day. I always rolled my eyes playfully whenever he said it, but secretly I loved it. But I think he already knew that. 

"So what else is left for us to get done today?" Roman asks me as we walk hand in hand towards the student council office. I mull it over for a moment because truly, there wasn't much else we had to do. 

"I'm pretty sure we just have to confirm all the volunteers know their stations and times they need to show up."

"Sounds easy enough," Roman shrugs, pulling open the door to the office for me. I give him a grateful smile before slipping inside the room.

Of course, we're the first ones here. Just like always. 

"Ooooo," Roman smirks, waltzing around the room dramatically. "No one's here yet..."

I giggle, standing there watching him intently. "Yeah, so?"

"So," he says pointedly, now making his way over to me. "It means I can do this," Roman grabs my wrist, pulling me flush against him. I let out a squeal, but it's cut off by his lips lowering onto mine. I laugh against his lips, causing him to smile. I put my hands in his hair, gently pulling on the strands. His tongue finds it's way into my mouth, coming in contact with my own. Tingles shoot through my body, fireworks erupting in my head. 

"Ahhh!!!" suddenly Darren's voice sounds from the doorway, stopping my romantic moment. I immediately break apart from Roman, my cheeks blazing. Darren's hands are covering his eyes now as he yells, "My eyes!"

While I'm over here being all embarrassed, Roman's hunched over due to laughing so hysterically. Darren's fingers split apart, allowing a portion of his eye to peek through to make sure we're still not kissing. 

"I would say get a room, but technically this is one," Darren mocks us as he makes his way towards his usual seat. 

"And I would say sorry, but that was just too funny so I don't regret anything," Roman wipes at his eyes, and the laugh I was holding in finally breaks free. Roman looks to me, eyes twinkling with amusement. 

"And I'm going to say that the both of you are idiots," I huff, crossing my arms jokingly. Both Darren and Roman pout, pretending to be hurt by my words. 

"Oh come on, don't be like that!" Darren protests. "It's not my fault that I was forced into seeing you two in a position I didn't want to witness!"

"And what about me?" Roman adds on, still pouting. "I'm your boyfriend so I can kiss you whenever I please."

"That doesn't mean I like it!" I stick my tongue out at him while Darren mutters an, "Ohhhh, burn!"

"Oh that's it, missy!" Roman begins creeping towards me, a look of mischief in his eyes.