Chapter fifty

By the time Bree finally left her room and went downstairs, the sun was already setting. She spent the entire day crying and thinking about everything that had happened. She didn't even know what Harry was doing or if he was still there. But she hoped he was, because they really needed to talk.

When she got downstairs, she noticed him sitting on the sofa, looking at the TV. Jay was with him and Bree could tell that him and Harry had been talking about what happened. They were very quiet, which was unlikely of them. Jay heard the last stair creak and looked back, seeing Bree standing there. Harry looked back too, looking straight into her eyes.

"I guess I should let you guys talk." Jay said, getting up and heading upstairs.

Bree stayed quiet, leaning into the handrail while Harry looked back at her and then down to the floor. He knew he had messed up, but he wanted to make things right for them. Even though he knew that that would be really hard once he told her that he had to leave that night.

"Jay's right, we need to talk." Harry finally spoke. Bree nodded her head. "But I need to tell you something first." Bree still didn't answer him. She just looked at him and waited for him to finally say what he had to say. Harry sighed. "I need to leave soon. And when I say soon, I mean in a few hours."

"But you just got here." she finally spoke, her voice a little hoarse and her throat scratchy from all the crying.

"Yeah, I know.." he looked down, ashamed. He was supposed to spend Valentine's day with her plus the weekend. He didn't only break one promise, but two. At the same time. Bree nodded her head, grabbing her coat and keys.

"I'll take you to the airport, we can talk on the way."

The first miles were very quiet and awkward. Harry wanted to say something, he wanted to apologize for being a terrible boyfriend and for breaking all of the promised he had made. But he also wanted her to talk, he wanted her to tell him everything he did that hurt her, he wanted her to scream at him and tell him everything he deserved to hear. But she didn't. She kept quiet. And her silence was killing him slowly.

"I'm sorry I broke all the promised I made and ruined the weekend." he said. "I understand that you're hurt. Especially after what I said this morning, I was an idiot."

"Yes, you were." Bree said lowly, not taking her eyes off the road.

"I know, and you've got all the reasons to be mad at me. But I want to make things right."

"Well, it doesn't really work like that Harry." Bree finally looked at him for a few seconds, looking back at the road right after. She sighed. "I love you, I truly do. You came into my life and you turned it upside down and honestly I loved every second of it. But you're life is too different from mine and it's getting harder to ignore that."

"But things worked out for us for months..." Harry tried to protest, he knew exactly how that conversation was heading to.

"Because you were here! But you're not here anymore. Now you're always gone, always too far away. And it's getting harder and harder to deal with this." Bree stopped talking for a while, swallowing the lump in her throat and trying to control her tears. She sighed. "I missed you every day since you left..."

"I missed you too, so much." he hurriedly said, interrupting her. "All I wanted was for you to come with me and be with me, all the time. I've never felt this for anyone ever in my entire life. You're so special, Bree. I just wanna be with you."

Bree could hear the want and need in his voice. He was almost desperate and that hurted her so much. She knew his life was great, he didn't really need her to make it better. But his great life came with a price too high for her to stand. She just couldn't do that anymore. She loved him, but she missed him too. And even now, that they were together, she still missed him. And as she parked her car on the airport parking lot, she realized that she would always miss him because he was never there to stay. It would always be something quick and hurried. It would never last long.

"It's not fair, Harry." she said, turning to look at him after stopping the car. "It's not fair for either of us. You're always gone and you've got a lot of women around you all the time..."

"But they don't matter. The only woman I want is you!" he said, taking her hands in his.

"You say that now. But what will you say it in a few months? When we're apart for too long and you feel lonely. And you start to wish that you were single so you could find someone a little more available for your life. I've got a ton of problems, I've got a sick mom to take care of and a younger brother to watch over. I can't just leave all of this behind and go with you. I wish I could but I can't. But you can find someone who can. And it's not fair of me to ask you to stay with me when I know it is possible for you to find someone like that."

"But I don't wanna find anyone else!"

At this point, they were both crying. They both knew that their end was near. And even though Harry wanted to fight for them, Bree couldn't do it anymore. She already had too much to fight for and she was losing all her strength. She couldn't take it anymore.

"Please don't make this harder than it has to be.." she begged, looking into his eyes. "I love you, but I can't do this anymore."

"Please don't..." he looked down, his tears falling hard.

"Maybe someday we'll meet again and things will be different. But right now it's impossible for us to be together."

"If that's what you really want, then fine." Harry finally said, looking at her again as he wiped his tears with his hand.

"It's not what I want, it's what it has to be."

After a few moments in silence, they both got out of the car and walked to the building. That was not how they expected things to go nor to end, but Bree was sure that that was the correct things to do. It had to be done and at least she was happy that he knew exactly how she felt. She loved him. But his life was too much for her to take.

When they reached the boarding door, they stopped walking and looked at each other. Harry's eyes were red and puffy and so were hers. They were both hurting. Harry hugged her tight against him. He would never forget her, the girl who helped him and never asked for anything in return. The girl who accepted him and loved him for what he truly was. The girl who accepted his love and made him feel love like he had never felt before. She was special and beautiful, and he was expecting that life would bring her back to him. He would be patiently waiting, that's for sure.

"I love you. Please, be safe!" Bree whispered on his ear.

"I love you too." he whispered back, kissing her cheek and looking at her eyes after. "Please promise me that you won't forget about me."

"Don't worry about that." she smiled sadly.

And with that he left, leaving her behind watching him leave. Again. But this time she knew he had no reason to come back.

The End

______________________________________________________________________________

 Edited!

AN: Sooooo, this book is finished!!! I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long for an update. I have a lot of college work to do and I'm dealing with some personal issues lately, don't really have the time or the mood to write.... Anyways!!!

I'll be writing a second book to this story because Harry and Bree can't obviously end like this. As soon as I post the first chapter, I'll annouce it here. I don't know how long it'll take, I hope not much. But I will be editing the chapters that still need to be edited and I want to focus a little on my other story for a while. And, by the way, go chek it!!!

Thank you so much for all your votes and comments and thank you for reading this! I really love writing and I try my best every time. Thank you thank you thank you! I'll see you soon xoxo