Chapter thirty-five

Harry woke up earlier than it was supposed to. He didn't want to bump into Bree because he knew that it would be more than unavoidable to talk about what had happened the night before. And he wasn't ready for that at all. He wasn't sure if Bree hadn't heard him or if she did hear him, but she simply didn't want to say it back. She probably didn't even love him, so why would she say it? Why did Harry say it? Did he actually mean it?

He was sure he meant what he had said, even thought he was totally lost in her, he knew he felt it. He loved her like he had never loved no one else. He loved her with everything he was and had. And that was what made him so unsure of what she would tell him. He didn't want her to reject him. He had been rejected before, a few times. But he never really cared about those women. He did care about Bree though.

His plan of avoiding her went downhill when she stepped into the huge living-room they had in their suite. Harry felt his breath getting stuck in his throat when he saw her: hair down and messy, her eyes where still closed as she rubbed them with one hand, her body was covered in his shirt from the night before that was obviously too big for her. She looked even more beautiful in that morning than she ever did before. Or at least that was what it seemed to in his eyes.

"Good morning." Bree whispered and yawned.

"Hey..." Harry whispered back, scratching the back of his head. "I gotta go." He hurriedly took his bag and rushed to the door, but her voice stopped him when she called his name. He turned around to look at her. "Yes?"

"Is everything okay?" she asked confused.

"Yeah, why?" he lied.

"You were going to leave without even giving me a kiss..." she whispered, her cheeks turning red instantly.

Harry felt his heart skip a beat; he couldn't believe how sweet she could be. He walked to her slowly, caressed her cheek softly and then kissed her gently. He felt her lashes close against his cheeks, softly tickling him. She smiled against his lips and looked him right in the eyes when he stepped away from her.

"You can go now." She said, turning around to go back to the room again.

As soon as he left, Bree laid down again and went back to sleep. She wanted to take this few days she had to rest. She rarely had time for herself and it wasn't until she was finally alone in that hotel room that she noticed how tired she was and how much she needed that.

She didn't even bother to leave the room that day. When she finally woke up, she took a long warm shower, got dressed in some comfortable clothes and ordered room service for lunch. She sat in the comfortable, huge bed and watched a few movies she wanted to watch for a while, but she never found the time to do it. The day passed by way quicker than she thought it would, and when Harry got back it was already dark outside.

"Hey." She said when she saw him coming in the room.

"Hi." He answered simply, putting his bag down. He didn't even look at her which made her frown her eyebrows.

"How was your day?" she asked, trying to make him talk.

"It was fine."

Harry left the room again making Bree frown even more. What the hell was happening? Why was he acting so strange all of sudden? She got up and followed him to the huge living room. Harry was pouring himself some whiskey.

"Is everything okay?" Bree asked again. He finally turned to her as he downed the liquid all at once.

"Yes, why do you ask?" he said dryly.

"You're acting weird." She shrugged.

Harry didn't bother answer her. Instead, he turned around and filled the glass again. All kinds of thoughts gone through Bree's mind. She thought that maybe he fought with Dan again. Or maybe practice didn't work out as he wanted it to. Or he was just getting tired of her, of being with her. Maybe he didn't like the night before, maybe she was bad. That was very much possible, since she hadn't been with someone for so long. But why didn't he tell her? It was better to tell her instead of ignoring her.

Bree was leaning against the door frame of the bedroom, her eyes glued to nothing in particular as all those thoughts ran through her head so quick that she could barely control them. Harry noticed the look in her eyes when she turned around and sighed. He knew he needed to talk to her, but he didn't know how. He was so frustrated and so ashamed for saying he loved her. Why did he say it? He knew it wasn't the right moment, he knew it was too soon. He probably freaked her out. And he was scared of what her reaction would be if he brought it up.

"What's on your mind?" he finally asked, sitting down on the couch and looking at her, studying her every move.

"A lot." She said simply. "What's on your mind?" she asked him back, sitting on the couch opposite from him. Harry sighed. This was the moment, he had to man up and bring it up.

"Last night." He said and Bree's breath got stuck in her throat. He didn't like it, that was it. It had to be it, or what else could possibly be?

"You didn't like it." She said, a very sad look in her eyes.

"What? Of course that's not it." He said, looking at her with his eyebrows frown. "Why did you think I didn't like it?"

"Well, you've been acting weird today. And I know I'm not very good at it. I haven't been with someone in a very long time and..."

"You were great last night." He said, standing up quickly and kneeling in front of her. "I loved it."

"Are you sure?" she asked shyly.

"Of course." He smiled softly and she smiled back.

"What was it then? What happened last night that made you so mad?"

"You seriously don't know what I'm talking about?" he asked, and Bree just shook her head. "Well, just forget about it. Okay?"

"No, not okay. If something bothered you, you have to tell me."

"I just..." he stopped talking and sat down on the sofa right next to her. "I was a little mad that you didn't say it back."

"That I didn't say what back?" she frowned.

"That you love me." He found the courage to say.

"Oh..." Bree didn't know what to say. She didn't know that that would make him so mad, that he would even bother that she didn't say it too.

"I'm not pressuring you or anything. If you don't feel it or if you're not ready to tell me, that's fine." He said hurriedly as soon as he noticed the look on her face. "But it kind of hurt that you didn't say it back."

They felt silent for a while, none of them really knowing what to say next. Harry was looking at the ground, but Bree was looking at him. The way his curls were falling to is forehead and his eyes were focused on his own feet, his face serious. He looked so beautiful; it was impossible for Bree not to stare.

"I do love you, Harry." She said, making him look at her. "You're probably the best thing that ever happened to me. And I'm sorry if you were expecting me to tell you that last night, when you told me, and I didn't. But that doesn't change the fact that I love you with all my heart."

"Why didn't you say it then?"

"Because I thought you already knew it."

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.: Don't forget to vote and comment xoxo

Edited

This past few weeks have been crazy. I hope everyone's okay!  Wherever you are in the world, just keep safe and don't get out too much. I'll try to post more, even some new things I've been working on, so you guys have things to do at home. Loads of love and don't forget to protect yourself and help protect others. Let's fight this war together xoxo