Chapter seven

Bree got up at 6am as she always did. She went to give her mom her medicine and went back to bed. At 7.30am, she woke up again and got ready for work. When she went downstairs, Jay was already in the kitchen.

"What are you doing up already?" Bree asked him.

"I'm doing a double shift today at the restaurant." He said and yawed. He looked at his watch and his eyes widen. "And I'm already late!"

"Seriously? I thought that maybe we could talk a little." Bree pouted.

"Well, I can't right now but we really need to catch up. I have so much to tell you." Jay smirked and Bree laughed. She knew he was talking about his new 'friend'. "I have to go now. Bye, sis." He kissed her cheek and ran out the door.

Bree prepared herself a cup of black coffee like she always did. She took the cup and walked to the living room where Harry was quietly asleep. She sat on the edge of the sofa and placed her hand softly on his forehead. He wasn't as hot as he was the night before, but she was sure he was still feverish. There were brown curls falling onto his forehead and Bree pushed them back softly, noticing how soft his hair was. She then caressed his cheek softly, but pulled her hand away when she realized what she was doing.

She shook her head and got up quickly. She didn't know what the hell was happening to her and why was she even caressing his cheek? That made no sense in her head. Bree went back to the kitchen, throwing the rest of her coffee down the sink and taking a banana to eat on her way. She got out of the house as quickly as she could, felling the cold air of the day brushing against her skin.

When Bree got home that day, after two long shifts, her mom and Harry were both sitting on the sofa watching tv and laughing. She frowned her eyebrows.

"Hi..." she said, entering the living room.

"Oh, hi sweetie." Her mom said, laying her head on the back of the sofa to look at her. Bree kissed her forehead softly.

"Hey!" Harry said softly, smiling at her.

"What are you doing?" she asked, still confused.

"Harry went upstairs and invited me to watch a movie with him. This is hilarious!" Adeline said, looking back at the tv again where a comedy movie was playing.

"Oh..." Bree nodded. "I'm gonna prepare us some dinner."

"No need." Harry said. "I called Jay and he said he'll bring us food from the restaurant."

"Okay, I'm gonna shower then." Bree said and felt her cheeks burning when Harry looked right into her eyes.

She almost ran up the stairs and closed the door of her room as soon as she entered it, letting go of a breath she didn't even know she was holding in. What the hell was happening to her? Why was Harry suddenly affecting her so much?

Bree stripped down and went to take a warm shower. She was tired and confused. The heat of the house was on and it was warm inside, so she decided to wear a pajama with some shorts and a t-shirt. She dried her hair with the towel and threw it on the dirty clothes basket.

When she went downstairs, Jay was already in the kitchen. Harry was helping him set the table and Bree could notice him limp. He was pretending to be okay, but she knew he wasn't. It was impossible for him to be okay with all the injuries he had.

"Are you feeling better?" Bree asked Harry, helping both to set the rest of the table.

"I'm surviving." He smiled and she could stop herself from smiling back at him. Jay was looking at her with frowned eyebrows.

They all had a nice dinner filled with random conversations. Adeline excused herself right after eating, telling them how tired she was. Bree asked her if she wanted some help, but she refused.

"You stay here, darling. I'm okay." She said and kissed both her children in the forehead before saying a warm goodbye to Harry.

"So, Jay, tell me everything about Vanessa." Bree said, looking at her younger brother.

"Oh, she's beautiful." He said excitedly. Bree and Harry were looking at him, waiting for him to say something else but he didn't.

"Is that all?" Bree asked with frowned eyebrows.

"Yeah, for now." He looked at the watch on his wrist. "I'm actually meeting her today, so I better go." Jay got up, kissed his sister cheek, wished Harry a goodnight and left. Bree sighed and got up, starting to put the dishes on the dishwasher.

"Let me help you." Harry said, getting up.

"No! Sit and rest." Bree said sternly. "If you actually want me to help you, you have to do what I tell you."

"Does that mean you're accepting my offer?" Harry said, a little smirk starting to appear on his lips.

"Yeah..." she said, making him smile wide. "I've been thinking, and I could use a little free time to put everything in order here at home."

"I told you this was a win-win situation."

"I know but I feel bad for accepting your money like that. It doesn't feel right." She said.

"Don't worry about that, love." He smiled at her and Bree smiled back, feeling her cheeks burn.

Bree put the dirty dishes on the washing machine and cleaned up the rest of the kitchen while Harry would ask her a few questions about her personal life.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked, and she felt her cheeks burn again.

"No." she whispered simply.

"It's hard to believe that a beautiful girl like you is single." He said and laughed to himself.

"It's time for your medicines." She changed subjects.

Bree went upstairs to her room and took a paper bag from her purse, running back downstairs. She prepared everything, took Harry's arm and cleaned it with dressing and alcohol.

"This is penicillin. It'll help with the infection you have on your thigh and others you might have too." She explained before stinging him with the needle. "You have to keep taking two painkillers every eight hours and this antibiotic." She explained him and he nodded his head, taking the little box in his hands. "I'll have to bandage your ribs."

Harry didn't excite before getting up and taking off his shirt. Bree gulped, took the bandage out of the bag and started wrapping it around Harry's torso. He was watching how careful she was while softly touching him to make sure the bandage was in the right place.

"All done." She said and smiled at her wonderful job.

"Thank you." Harry smiled.

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.: Don't forget yo vote and comment xoxo

Edited