Chapter twenty-five

Adeline was in the hospital for three days now. Bree had to go back to work, which wasn't bad at all since she worked in the same hospital her mom was in. She would sneak into her room every time she had a little time off, to check on her. She tried to keep a little smile on her face, so people wouldn't get worried about her, but she was dying inside. She knew her mother's treatment would cost a whole lot of money and she really didn't want to go back to work two shifts a day, especially now that she also had Harry. This was the reason she never allowed herself to get into a relationship, she didn't have the time for this. She needed to be available in case something like this happen to work more than she already did. It wasn't easy though. She knew she couldn't stay alone for the rest of her life, and Harry wasn't making it easy on her because he made her want to be with him. And that was dangerous.

On that Friday afternoon, after her shift was over, Bree walked to the opposite side of the exit doors, to the human resources office. She knocked on the opened door to catch the attention of the lovely lady that worked there and got it.

"Hello dear, how can I help you?" the lady asked.

"Hi! Well, my mom's doing a treatment and I wanted to know how much it will cost." She said. "And maybe if I could get a loan, to help me pay for it."

"Of course, dear. Your mom's name please."

"Adeline Esther Mason."

Bree heard the lady type down the name she just gave her and search a little on the computer screen. There were a few moments of complete silence while she looked, until the lady frowned her eyebrows and looked up at her.

"There must be a mistake." She said, and this time it was Bree that frowned her eyebrows. "Your mom's treatments were already paid. Actually, we have an account in case she needs anything else."

"What do you mean?" Bree asked confused.

"I mean that someone paid for your mom's treatments."

Everything was confusing in that moment. Bree was sure that Jay couldn't pay for her mom's treatments, just like her. Either way, she texted him on the way to the car, to ask him. When he shortly after answered her that it wasn't him, Bree frowned again. There was only one possible person that could've done that, and she knew exactly who.

As soon as she parked the car outside her house, she quickly got out and inside. She had to know if it was actually Harry who did it, and if it was, then she needed to know why.

"Harry?" she called.

Harry wasn't in his usual place, on the couch. Bree entered the kitchen and called for him again, but he wasn't there either. She ran up the stairs and into his room but there was no sign of him. As she was making her way to her room though, the bathroom door opened, and Harry got out with his towel hanging low on his hips. He was drying his hair with another towel as he walked to the room, completely oblivious that Bree was even home. When he noticed her though, he stopped.

"Oh, you're home!" he smiled at her, but when she didn't smile back, he frowned.

"Was it you? Did you pay for my mom's treatments?" she asked hurriedly. Harry looked at her for a while and then sighed.

"Yes, Bree. It was me." He said. "Please don't be mad..."

"I'm not mad." She interrupted him. "I just feel bad that you've been paying for everything ever since you came here. It's not right."

"It's not a big deal." He walked to her, throwing the towel he was drying his hair with over his shoulder, and took her hands in his. "I have more than enough money. And I'm happy that I can help in something."

"Yeah, Harry. But this is not your burden to handle." She sighed.

"Bree, I know you like to be independent and take care of everything by yourself but trust me, this was nothing." He repeated. "I just want you to be happy, that's all."

Harry was now grabbing Bree by her waist and pulling her against him. And how could she be mad at that boy? He was sweet, he cared about her and he did everything to make sure she was happy. What else could she ask for? And even thought she hated the fact that he was spending so much money on her family, she couldn't be happier for the fact that he was right there, with her.

"Thank you..." she finally whispered, making Harry smile. He leaned down to kiss her softly, making her smile too.

"You're welcome, darling."

Harry kissed her again, but this time Bree made sure to kiss him even more passionately than before. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach and her heart beating furiously against her chest. Harry smiled against her lips, caressing her cheek softly with one hand and grabbing her tightly against him with the other.

Bree's hands started to go down, from his neck to his toned chest and until she reached his strong abs. She caressed his warm torso for a while, feeling how soft his skin felt against her hands. Harry could feel himself getting hot from her touch, grabbing her waist with both hands and pulling her against him even more. He moaned against her lips and Bree stepped away just enough to look into his eyes.

"We should stop." Harry whispered, realizing what was actually happening between them.

"Maybe I don't want to stop." She whispered back.

"Bree, we shouldn't..."

"Why not?" she asked, kissing his neck after. Harry bitten his lip, trying to suppress the moan that was begging to leave his throat.

"I told you already..." his voice was weak and shaky.

"I don't want anything to be perfect." Bree said, stopping what she was doing and looking right into his eyes. "I just want you."

Harry looked into her eyes for a few seconds, thinking about what was about to happen. He wanted everything to be perfect, that's true. He felt like Bree deserved that and way more. But he also wanted her so much. He was tired of just thinking about her in the most inappropriate and sexual way, while pleasuring himself. He wanted to feel her, to touch her and to pleasure her as well.

"Okay." He said simply, kissing her lips after and not even waiting for an answer from her. Bree smiled against his lips.

They started making their way to her room, Bree purposely taking the towel that was around his waist and dropping it to the ground. She wasn't close to a guy in a very long time, and she hoped she hadn't lost her touch. But even if she did, she wanted to take it back. She wanted to give Harry whatever he needed. And that was what she intended to do.

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.: Don't forget to vote and comment xoxo

Edited