Chapter forty-seven

Valentine's day was just around the corner, and Bree was eager. She couldn't wait to see Harry, she missed him so much. They haven't spoke for almost two days, but she wasn't worried. She knew he probably had a lot of work to do before he would be able to just leave everything behind for one weekend to spend it with her.

That also gave her time to think and plan. She wanted everything to be perfect and she didn't want to feel like she wasn't doing anything for that to happen at all. So, she asked her boss to leave a little earlier on friday and to give her the full weekend off. She managed to book the best suit in an hotel near by, she even ordered champagne and rose petals. She wanted that night to be romantic and perfect, something you would only see at a movie or a dream. After her shift, on friday, she even decided to go to the hairdresser. She wanted to look as good as possible for him. She then ran home and arranged herself a little bag with a few clothes, including a nice navy dress she had bought while she was in London, her only black heels and a lacy lingerie that Jessie helped her chose especially for that occasion.

Harry was supposed to arrive at around 6pm. He had told her that she didn't need to go pick him up at the airport, since he could just hire someone. Before leaving the house, at around 6.30pm, Bree made sure everything was alright with her mom and that Jay was home and alert.

"You can call me if something happens. Or better, you have to call me if something happens." she told him.

"Sis, don't worry about a thing! Jessie will be here in a second, we can take care of mom. Everything will be fine!" he assured her.

"I know, I'm sorry." Bree sighed. "I'm just a little anxious because the last time I left, mom went to the hospital and her situation got worse."  she explained.

"But that won't happen now, relax!" Jay said, placing his hands on his sister's shoulders and shaking her a bit to lighten up her mood. When she didn't laugh, he tilted his head and frowned. "Is something else bothering you?"

"It's just that... I haven't seen Harry in almost two months and I'm a little nervous to see him today." she said sadly. "And we haven't been talking that much lately, you know? Things are just a little weird right now."

"Well, you do have to remember that he is an internationally known boxer who's currently touring the world. I bet he has a lot of things going on right now." Jay said, nodding his head. "It doesn't mean he forgot about you or that he loves you any less. He's just busy. But I bet this whole night will be perfect, just like you want it to and planned it to be." he smiled at her, making her smile back.

"You're right! Everything will be fine! I just need to relax a little." she said, trying to convince herself of that. She looked at the watch in her wrist. "And I really need to go. Harry's plane was supposed to arrive at 6pm, so he should be getting at the hotel any moment now. And I still need to get dressed." Bree pointed down, to her sweater and jeans. That was definitely not what she wanted him to see her in that night.

She finally said her goodbyes to her mom and brother and left, getting into her car and driving to the hotel that was only about 15 minutes away. She was too stressed out for some reason. She wanted that night to be perfect, but for some reason she was feeling like that wasn't going to happen. She kept checking her phone for any calls or texts, she even almost got into an accident for taking her eyes off the road so often. But her phone was silent and clean, there was no sign of any communication of any kind.

She tried to shake it off anyway. She got to the hotel at around 7pm. She checked-in on the front desk, telling the nice lady that she was waiting for someone. She gave the lady all the information she needed for when Harry arrived and went up to their room. She quickly got her dress and heels out of her bag, along with her lingerie. She undressed and took a quick shower, putting her hair up into a bun so she didn't completely ruin the nice waves the lady at the hairdresser did. After the shower, she got dressed hurriedly. She wanted to be ready before Harry arrived. She put on some perfume, way more than she would usually do, and also tried to do some makeup. Bree didn't really use any makeup and she only owned a few basic things. So, she just put some nude eyeshadow, to give her eyes a little color, a little mascara and some lip gloss. She didn't look anything special, but at least she tried.

As Bree was waiting for Harry to arrive, she couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror. She didn't look anything special at all. She just looked a little different with the waves and the tiny amount of makeup. She thought she looked good, but would Harry think the same? As she kept looking at herself in the mirror, looking at her tight but very simple navy dress, that ended just above her knees, and her old black heels, she couldn't stop but to think about that blonde girl she met back in London. Would she wear that exact same dress and those heels? Was that enough for her? Bree was sure that she wouldn't. Those were too simple and too basic for her. But even if she did, she would look way better than Bree looked.

"What are you doing to yourself, Bree?" she told her reflection.

That was pointless, comparing herself to someone else. That girl did say that she and Harry had history, but Harry also told her that he loved her and that he was with her and no one else. He didn't care about any other girls but her. And she believed him.

When she heard a knock on the door, she stopped pacing from one side to the other and smiled nervously. She straighten her dress a little and walked to the door, with a soft smile on her lips. But when the door was finally opened, her smile dropped.

"Here are the champagne you asked for, ma'am." the young man said, pushing the cart inside the room. "And we also got you some strawberries and chocolate."

"Oh, that's very nice. Thank you!" Bree smiled politely, making the young man smile back.

"We just want you to have the perfect night." he said and left.

Bree closed the door and looked at her watch. Yeah, the perfect night. But Harry was already an hour late. She decided she wasn't gonna make a big scene out of it. His flight probably got delayed or maybe there was traffic. But he surely had a pretty good explanation for being late.

Another half an hour passed, and there was no sign of Harry. Bree kept checking her phone, she even tried to call him and text him but his phone was turned off. She decided to open the bottle of champagne and take a glass while she waited for him. She also started eating a few of the strawberries and chocolate. They tasted absolutely heavenly. She turned on the Tv, trying to distract herself and laid in the king size bed.

When she looked at the watch again, it was already 10pm. She was frustrated and sure that he wasn't showing up that night. But she couldn't let the money she wasted on that fancy room at that fancy hotel go to waste. The champagne bottle was already empty and the strawberries were over. She called room service and asked to bring her a bottle of red wine and some steak. She was starving and the alcohol from the champagne was already working a little on her.

When her order arrived, she happily sat in the comfortable bed alone while searching for a movie to watch while she ate. She ended up choosing a romance. By the end of the night, there was a very drunk Bree, laying in bed while watching a romance movie all by herself. And that was how her perfect night ended up to be: not perfect at all.

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.: Don't forget to vote and comment xoxo

Edited