Chapter thirty-eight

"What the hell did you mean by that, Jay?" Bree asked him, as soon as he picked up the phone. He sighed on the other end.

"They hate each other." He started. "This fight will be an ugly one and I don't know if you're ready to watch it..."

"Is it that bad?" She asked again, confused. Why did they hate each other so much after all?

"Yeah, it's pretty bad." He stated. Bree thought for a while before answering him.

"I'll stay here." She stated finally. "I promised Harry I would come with him and see him fight and that's what I'll do."

"Whatever you want, big sister. Just be careful. The crowd can get pretty rough in fights like this one."

Bree hung up the phone and went back to her sit, right next to Gustav. He nodded at her politely and she smiled softly. As soon as the fight started, Bree understood what Jay had told her. The whole crowd was screaming like crazy people, they would stand up and push each other, almost falling on top of the people on the front row.

The fight itself was absolutely crazy. Harry was throwing punches at the other guy, as fast as he could and with all his strength. His eyebrows were frowned and his whole expression showed hate and frustration. Bree was sure that he also didn't know who his opponent was, and even though the fight was going pretty well for him, it was still infuriating what Dan was doing to him. It wasn't fair.

The other guy was throwing punches at Harry too, and with every punch Harry took, Bree flinched. She hated to see him getting hit like that, his whole face red and blood flying everywhere. It was horrible for her to see all that scene that was happening in front of her.

"I'm going to the toilet." Bree told Gustav and he just nodded, completely focused on the ring.

Bree pushed her hair back and took a deep breath as she walked to the toilet. All of that was too much for her. The only think she could think of was how bad Harry's face was going to look after all that ended. And how his injuries could get worst. She felt a cold chill run down her whole body when she thought about it.

When Bree was opening the toilet door, another girl got out, almost hitting her.

"Oh, sorry about that doll." She said in her high-pitched voice. Bree just smiled softly, but the girl kept going. "Aren't you Harry's new girlfriend?" she asked, twirling a strand of her golden hair around her finger.

"You know him?" Bree asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I do!" the girl smirked, not looking at her. "Deeply. If you know what I mean." She winked at Bree and smiled widely.

"I need to go to the toilet, excuse me."

Bree tried to pass through her, but the girl wouldn't let her. She was attentively looking at Bree as she sighed in frustration, not knowing what the hell that girl wanted from her.

"I really don't know what he sees in you." She finally said. "You don't even try to look good, it's ridiculous." She laughed. Bree couldn't understand what that girl wanted or why she was telling her all those things. But she was sure she wouldn't let herself get bothered by it. "But don't worry, doll. Soon enough he'll figure it out that you're just plain and boring and he'll jump to another one of his conquests. After all, Harry always wins everything, right?"

The blonde girl waved at Bree with a smirk on her face as she left her behind. It was unsettling to know that everyone seemed to think that Harry wasn't real about her at all. It hurt her more than she ever dared to say, especially because she was deeply in love with him. But Bree also knew that whatever had to happen would happen, and she wouldn't stress too much about it. If Harry wanted to leave her soon, to replace her with someone new, then that was his call to make and there was nothing Bree could make about it that would change that.

She went to the toilet and did her business, taking a little longer inside after washing her hands. She was looking at herself in the mirror as she tried to fix her hair a little. She could see what that girl told her. Bree really didn't try to look a little better. She was what she was. She didn't care about wearing makeup or fixing her hair too much. In that day, she chose to wear it down which was different from her usual hairstyle. But still, that wasn't that much. She was wearing plain clothes and snickers.

Bree sighed. She knew it was probably normal to think that she wasn't enough for Harry. After all, Harry was gorgeous. His green eyes were so bright and beautiful, his brown curls made herself want to have them, the cute little dimples on his cheeks made him look adorable, and his whole structure sure made every woman want him. He was almost perfect. But Bree also knew that he could have any woman he wanted, but he chose her. He wanted to be with her, and he loved her. That was more than enough for her.

When she finally got out of the toilet, she heard people screaming even louder and a loud bell ringing. People were up and going absolutely crazy. Before Bree could get to her place, she heard the man from the beginning talking again.

"And this was a hell of a fight. Two of the greatest boxers in the world gave us here, tonight, the greatest show I've ever seen in my whole life." The guy said, excited. "We're all winners here tonight because we could watch this live. But there's one special winner here tonight, and that is Mr. Harry Styles."

When Bree heard Harry's name, her mouth hung open. He won, he actually won. Jay was right, he was the best of the best. And he was her boyfriend, her lover.

She finally got to her seat, next to Gustav who was also screaming like a mad man. When he saw Bree, he stopped though, he fixed his suit and he blushed heavily. Bree laughed, turning to the ring. She could see Harry, his hand up in the air. His eyes were searching everywhere until they finally met hers and that's when he smiled widely. He sent a kiss her way, making her blush.

Suddenly, Gustav grabbed Bree's arm softly and motioned her to follow him. She did as she was told, following him to Harry's dressing room. Gustav stopped at the door, but Bree got inside, patiently waiting for Harry. The Tv was on, in the sports channel, and Bree could see Harry on the screen, his face bruised and bloody but his smile as bright as ever.

"Harry, what an amazing fight tonight." The reporter said, making him smile brighter. "Of course, it's probably a sweeter victory because you beat Ricky again." He laughed.

"Well, I can't lie." Harry said, a little smirk on his lips.

"Especially with the past between the two of you, right?"

"I don't really wanna talk about that." He shrugged. "The past is in the past and right now the only thing I want is to get home to my beautiful girlfriend and probably ice my bruises." He said, making the reporter laugh.

"So, that girl. Are you serious about her?" he asked, getting serious again.

"Very serious actually." Harry nodded. "Bree shows me what love is supposed to be. She's sweet, caring and so, so beautiful. I don't even know what the fuck she sees in me."

"Can we say that Harry Styles is finally in love?" the reporter smiled, and Harry smiled too, looking down.

"Yeah, I'm in love!" 

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.: Don't forget to vote and comment xoxo

Edited