Chapter twenty-six

Bree was laying down in her bed, completely naked under the sheet and hugging her pillow. Harry walked to her, from the bathroom, and kissed her shoulder softly, hugging her waist.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Tired." She laughed, caressing one of his arms. "I'm feeling great."

"Good."

Harry kissed her cheek and hugged her tightly, closing his eyes. He was also tired, but he was happy. The long wait was totally worthy. Him and Bree fitted just right, it was like they were made for each other. And everything happened so naturally that for a moment he felt stupid for wanting to wait.

Two days later, Adeline was back at the house. She did look better, but she still needed extra care. Harry would sneak into Bree's room whenever he could, to cuddle her until she fell asleep and then he would go back to his own room. He knew from the moment that Adeline was back, Bree wouldn't want to be with him like they did that day, simply because she didn't feel comfortable to do it under the same roof her mom was sleeping in.

Dan kept calling Harry every day, insisting that he should get back earlier. And Harry knew that he eventually had to tell Bree that he had to leave in about two days. He just didn't know how.

"How was work today?" he asked as he cuddled Bree against him protectively.

"It was good." Bree said. "Mrs. Jameson is all happy that her son's in town. She gets to see her grandchildren every day."

"That's good." Harry whispered and Bree just nodded, closing her eyes and getting ready to sleep. "We need to talk..." Harry suddenly said.

Bree took his arms from around her waist and turned around, a big frown in her face and she looked at him seriously. She couldn't deny that she was concerned about what he wanted to talk about. It could be for a million reason. Maybe he wasn't good with her anymore. Or maybe he confused his feelings and he never wanted to be with her in the first place. Either way, it seemed quite serious considering the look on his face.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Dan's been calling me." He said simply.

"Oh..." that wasn't what Bree was expecting at all. "What does he want?"

"I have a fight in London in a week."

Harry didn't say anything else, he felt like he didn't need to. He just looked at Bree's blank expression and waited for her to process what he just told her. She knew what that meant, she knew that he had to leave soon. But how was she supposed to react to something like that?

"When are you leaving?" she asked, still emotionless.

"I have to leave in two days..." he whispered. Bree didn't answer so Harry kept talking. "I need to practice. I asked Dan to let me stay here for as long as I could, but I can't stay any longer."

"When did you know about this?" she asked, her expression hurt. Harry couldn't bear to see that look in her face.

"I knew the day your mom went to the hospital..."

"That was a week ago, Harry!" Bree was angry now. She didn't know how to feel until the moment he told her that he knew he had to leave soon for a whole week, but he didn't tell her.

"I know, I'm sorry..."

"No, Harry. No apologies." Bree got up and looked at him as Harry sat up straight on the edge of her bed. "You should've told me as soon as you knew. Why didn't you?"

"Your mom was in the hospital. You were so sad, Bree... I didn't want you to worry about me leaving too. That was too much." He tried to reach for her hand, and she took a step back. "Bree, please. Please don't do this."

"I need to think." She said coldly. "You should leave."

"Bree..." Harry pleaded.

"Please, Harry."

Harry shook his head but left anyway. There was no point in staying there, it would only be worst to him. He didn't want to fight, he just wanted everything to be okay between them. He didn't want to leave with her mad at him, because he was hoping he could come back later. And he knew it would be hard to go back the way he wanted to, since he would have more fights agented after that one, but he still wanted to be with her. No matter what it took.

Waking up the next day wasn't easy at all for Bree. She had cried herself to sleep. She didn't even know why the hell she was crying, but she did. She cried until her body went numb and her eyes were puffy. She felt sad. Not mad, not betrayed. Sad. She didn't want Harry to leave, she was sure he would never come back. She knew this day would come, but she didn't expect it to come so soon nor did she expect to start liking him a little more by then.

When she went downstairs for breakfast, Harry was already there, sitting on the counter with his head hanging low. Bree stopped for a second, wondering if she should just leave but that wasn't right. So, as usual, she made her way to the kitchen, prepared herself a cup of hot coffee and started sipping it. Harry was looking at her the whole time, waiting for her to say something, but she didn't.

"I'm sorry, Bree...." He whispered but she cut him off.

"I know you are." She looked back at him with a sad expression. "I overreacted and I'm sorry about that." She said.

"No, you didn't..." she cut him off again.

"Yes, I did. I knew this day would come; you couldn't stay here forever." She stated. "I'm just sad that you're leaving."

"And I'm sad that I'm leaving." He got up from his sitting position and walked to her, grabbing her free hand. "There's nothing I would want more than to stay here with you."

"But you can't. And I know that." She said simply. "Maybe come back after? Even if it's for a little while..."

"Well, that was what I had in mind until last night." He said and she frowned.

"It was?" he nodded. "But it isn't anymore..."

"No, not really."

"Oh..." the disappointment could be heard in her voice.

"I thought about this all night and I think it's the best thing to do." He said and Bree nodded, the tears already threatening to fall. "I think you should come with me."

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.: Don't forget to vote and comment xoxo

Edited