♡ 16 : it was always you ♡

(a/n: im back hoes- and when i said i get excited and upload a lot before my favorite parts, i meant this)

*tw: homophobia, f-slur, brief vague mental health discussion*

Roman loved fancy clothing.

Fashion was his escape.

But his tux felt like a cage. He looked into the full length mirror and couldn't even recognize himself despite being able to in full on costumes and makeup for theatre.

His best man was a college friend, Luke, who patted him on the back. "You excited?"

Roman smiled at his reflection with no happiness behind it. "Yep! I am."

"Awesome!"

Finally, Roman pinned on the small flowers. If not for the champagne beforehand, he would be all jittery. He wasn't tipsy, but it helped.

~~~

Rewind.

Logan's head rested on Virgil's shoulder. They were sitting in the library together and no amount of coffee could keep Logan awake. He hadn't gotten a good amount of sleep so he passed out on his friend. Virgil, on the other hand, was used to falling asleep at ungodly hours.

Virgil carefully took off Logan's glasses and slid them next to his bag on the small table right in front of them, then guided him to rest his head in his lap instead so he wouldn't wake up to a neck cramp.

He put in his AirPods and watched YouTube until Logan woke up again. His nap was fairly short unlike Virgil's which typically lasted up to four hours.

So it was 5:30 PM. An hour before the Roman-Abigail wedding.

Logan was strangely affectionate towards Virgil that day. Nothing overboard, because neither were really the type, but a little more than usual.

"How're you feeling now? Do you still wanna go?" Virgil asked.

"I think so. Thank you for today. I'm glad, even if it was just a couple hours, that I could just think about myself. Or just nothing at all. I wish my mind could be empty all the time."

"Yeah, well you know what they say. Those who think less are happier with themselves, or some shit. Now let's get you changed." He rushed to his car to grab the formal outfit and led Logan to the bathroom when he returned.

It was a typical formal outfit but had subtle silver floral patterns on the cuffs. Virgil had outfits that went more overboard with the theme, but he knew Logan could care less about looking nice in front of his asshole of a sister. If he showed up looking like shot compared to the rest, it would anger Abigail, and neither Logan nor Virgil would mind. They would probably both appreciate it, to be honest.

"Look in the mirror," Virgil said.

"I already did. I saw the outfit, it's nice."

"No, I want you to look again."

"Okay?" He did as Virgil instructed.

"Reassure yourself that today just goes to show how you're moving on with your life."

"I'm going to talk to myself?"

"Yup. I'm not coherent enough to give you a decent pep talk."

Logan squinted at his reflection. He hadn't done his hair, not that it mattered too much, but there was a sort of slight ruffled edge to it that he had always fixed in the morning because it always bothered him despite how minuscule of a problem it was. Not that day, though. He took a deep breath.