Chapter 90

It was difficult to clearly scrutinize the person holding those two ambiguous swords from this distance.

Injecting all of my mana in Ancient Flame, flames closely enveloping the sword as I charged forward. It is the first battle immediately after obtaining a body of an Asmodian. It was more agile than I thought it to be, as I was able to move my body quite easily at a fairly rapid pace.

That person’s face moved closer.

‘A woman’

It was a woman with short hair, with extremely crazed eyes. When I gazed into her eyes, I could feel the goosebumps jumping out of me as she smiled creepily, thrusting her swords down onto me. Even though she was slamming her swords down without any form, they were definitely aimed towards my joints. It wasn’t even a blow with great power. She was playfully raising her swords, and playfully lowering them down on me.

‘I will use all my strength.’

Rather than displaying an ambiguous amount of strength, I decided that it was rather better to fight her with all my strength as I began to churn my mana. A great deal of heat and flames began to surround me as I clashed against her swords.

It was impossible to control the blaze of Ancient Flame before, but after evolving into an Asmodian, I had realized that I was able to control them to some degree. Then, I started to move them slowly the way I wanted, but she blocked it. She was definitely suppressing my flames.

Then…

“Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik!”

Despite knowing that I intended to block her blow, the woman scraped my sword with hers in an instant. My flames were not threatening to her at all, and she was definitely scratching it.

What I heard was an intensely unpleasant sound.

Afterwards.

“Ugh.”

Blood began to burst out of my body instantly.

“Fuuuck..”

I was sure that her sword hadn’t touched me, but after hearing her voice, I was able to realize roughly what her ability was capable of.

‘Sound’

That unpleasant sound had definitely inflicted damage to me. The invisible blade continued to bury itself through my whole body. The sound was probably a form of her Unique Ability which allowed her to change the sound into a form of either blades or inflict internal damage.

While I was distracted for a second, a sword was thrusting towards me. I raised Ancient Flame once more to block her strike.

But that creepy sound wave echoed through my body once more as blood began to pour out again.

“Shit…”

I was dizzy, as this woman was clearly toying with me. She certainly had the opportunity to kill me, but despite that, she did not try to attack me. It was a sign that she was definitely looking down on me. In other words, I was a bug that she could squish whenever she felt like it.

“Die!”

With that playful tone, she struck out her sword. All I could muster in time was a hurried block of her sword with Ancient Flame.

“Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik!”

“Blargh!”

My whole body became tattered in an instant. It did not take long for the battle to begin, but that time span felt like an eternity to me. Victory and defeat had already been decided, but to be precise, it was correct to say that there was no hope for me here. I knew best better than anyone else of this answer.