Taken

AN: Gosh darn it, this one was difficult. I'm working on the second chapter right away. :-)  You'll know why once you've read it. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

∞♥♪♥♪♥♪♥∞

Edward scooped me up in his arms after Max and her Flock had disappeared from view. I sighed, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his shoulder. He began running, and I leaned my head forward to kiss his throat. The wind ruffled my hair as I was held in his arms. The world was blurry around me, but that was okay. I knew Edward woudn't crash into any trees.

Around us, his family ran with us, and I felt the safest I'd ever been. I'd earned a family that would protect me with their lives.

"I love you," Edward murmured.

I smiled slightly into his shoulder, hoping that this would last. That the erasers wouldn't find us and we'd always be safe.

"I love you too," I said.

Edward chuckled, his arms tightening around me.

"Always and forever," he sighed.

"Yes," I agreed. "Always and forever."

∞♥♪♥♪♥♪♥∞

Night fell, and the Cullens settled themselves into the branches of a tree around me as I shifted on my own branch, getting ready to sleep. Edward was behind me, resting against the trunk of the tree.

He hummed that lullaby he'd hummed before the erasers had found me. I closed my eyes, reveling in his song. Then I opened them and tilted my head toward him.

"Did you write that?" I asked softly.

"Yes," he replied. "You were the inspiration. It tells of our love."

My heart warmed at his words. He began humming again and I leaned back to rest my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and felt Edward move his head so that his lips brushed against my ear. He finished the lullaby and kissed my ear.

"Sleep well," he murmured.

I did.

∞♥♪♥♪♥♪♥∞

I was woken by the sound of twigs snapping. I looked down, seeing a group of erasers, before looking back at Edward behind me. He pressed a finger to his lips, signaling me to be quiet. I complied wordlessly.

They stomped around the trees, searching for me and yelling out taunts. But my stomach dropped when they began looking up. Their eyes caught sight of all of us almost immediately.

"Found the chicken!" One of them cackled.

The family and I leapt down to fight right away. I punched, kicked and chopped my way through them. But I heard a cry of "No!" from Alice and I turned, doing a silent headcount.

Edward, I think, searching for him.

I find him with handcuffs around his wrists and ankles, being stuffed into a giant bag. The handcuffs must be vampire proof to hold him like that.The eraser taking him turns to me with a smirk.

"Thanks for the experiment birdie," the eraser said before spreading its wings and taking off.

I launch myself into the air and fly after them. Seeing the eraser land in a helicopter and tossing the bag into the back without a care. Were they baiting me?

Edward cried out my name.

It didn't matter. I would save him and I wouldn't let them harm a hair on his head.